Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Help with Sigma Sneak Peek Poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with Sigma Sneak Peek Poker  (Read 4892 times)
sbmania
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 25, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »

I have a Sneak Peak poker which just started giving me trouble.  When booting up, it will say "now loading game please wait" as usual.  But when the cards come up on the display, all you see is 5 blocks with garbage inside of them.  Also, the boot process seems to lock up at this point and the game will not play.

I pulled out the power supply and it is generating 5 vdc on the button.  I have reseated the chips and all  edge connectors but there is no change.
I'm thinking the roms might be bad.  My thinking is the MPU is probably good since it begins the boot process and displays the normal messages while booting, but then locks up when the cards should be displayed.

Anyone able to hazard a guess?  Can I purchase the roms anywhere or get the files so my local guy can burn them for me?  Or buy a complete board?  Thanks!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:02:27 AM »

Can I purchase the roms anywhere or get the files so my local guy can burn them for me? 

You can post a WTB ("Want To Buy") post in the Classifieds section of the forum, but please be aware that we do not permit any kind of solicitation of files on this site.  Even though the ROMs for your machine are very old, the software on them is still covered by copyright and we have found that the owners of these copyrights can be very vigilant in protecting their rights, even on outdated, unsupported software.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and I wish you the best of luck in getting your machine back to operating condition.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »

Can you post a pic of your board? Does it have some IC's that are square? Picture will help.
sbmania
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »

I am having trouble posting pics.  Message says they are too large.  Is there anywhere I can email them?
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »

Did you have a chance to work on your machine?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:40:51 PM »

I am having trouble posting pics.  Message says they are too large.  Is there anywhere I can email them?

Here's an alternate method that will get around the size restriction:

1. Visit TinyPic.com

2. Click the "choose file" button to the right of the File: field, and locate the picture on your computer you wish to upload.

3. Click the big green "upload now!" button.

4. Type the words in the captcha to verify you're a human.

5. On the resulting page, click on the code labeled, "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" to copy it to your clipboard.  It will look something like this:

Code:

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2h7zyf5.jpg[/IMG]

6. Paste that code into a post or reply here, and your image will appear.

It's not as tough as it sounds! 

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.