Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  61 loop on IGT S+ - which chips to fix?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 61 loop on IGT S+ - which chips to fix?  (Read 7407 times)
capn7
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 05, 2013, 03:20:01 AM »

Howdeeeeee.

I have an IGT S+.  Had code 12, so replaced the battery.  Now goes to 61.  Found a bunch of posts on how to fix that, but they don't work.   Silly Me! I press the white button for about 2 secs and get 61_1 and a ding, I close the door, turn the reset key briefly.  "Insert Coin" and CP=0 flash alternately for 5x, then back to code 61.  Rinse and repeat.

From what I've read here, I need a clear chip and a set chip (have a BV).  But, I'm not clear on WHICH set of chips to get.  Will you please help?  I'm afraid of buying the wrong chip (s) and then having to dump more $$ into it for the right ones.  A PSR I found suggests it might use SET088/089/090/091.

On the board, I have chips SP1160 & SS3413.  This is a Wild Cherry, 25ยข, play 3 lines. 

Do I just need the 27c512 clear chip (123) and SET090?  And if so, where's the best place to pick them without paying a ton for shipping?  I'm in Phoenix if anyone knows somewhere I can pick them up locally. 

Many thanks for your help!
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »

Be sure the cash box door switch is actually engaged, not just closed.  Better yet, tie those two wires together.  Sounds simple but worth a look.

Cheers,
Mark

Its Always Something...
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

I think AZ Slots is in Phoenix. I'm sure they could help you out. Maybe give them a call?

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 11:34:46 PM »

Any of the Clear/Set chip sets on eBay or the like should be fine for your setup.  You can always try posting in the Classifieds section of this forum, too, to get chips from a reputable dealer or member who will stand behind their product.  The set shouldn't cost you more than $20, including shipping, from wherever you get it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

capn7   PM me your address and I'll send you a set.  Guaranteed lowest price on the forum  +  yes I said + free shipping.  Hot damn I made another sale, free instructions, free shipping and free eproms and I get 100 % of the profit.   wtf1 am I going to do with all that money.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 03:49:56 AM »

It must be Christmas in June  ho ho ho Santa Buzz

Its Always Something...
capn7

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 04:54:06 AM »

Thanks for the offer, Buzz!  I picked up a set of chips off of eBay and it did the trick!  I used the SET090.  Of course, what I didn't read in these forums was that most of my other settings would be wiped out.  Bills started paying straight to coin out, and my reel spin sound went away.  Making your way through the self-test or user options (or whatever you call them) is pretty daunting for a first-timer, but I finally got it all figured out! 

Now if you have an SS3410 or 3409, I'd love to get my hands on one...  I have SS3413 in there now, and learned today the payout is a lousy 85%???  No wonder I've found this game so boring in the past.    zzzzzzz
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »

I do have one of each, I'll make you ther same offer, hell I'll do anything to keep from losing a sale !!!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »

I do have one of each, I'll make you ther same offer, hell I'll do anything to keep from losing a sale !!!!

He's CRAAAAAZY BUZZ!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jc-Mhynh_pg&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jc-Mhynh_pg&rel=0</a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

Capn7,

So how did you fix the 61 loop?

Its Always Something...
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »

If you're stuck in a loop of 61 to 61-1, and then back to 61 again instead of the machine being ready to play, you need to use a RAM clear chip.  (Another alternative is to try inserting a significantly different SP chip which may also force the corrupted data to get cleared.)

capn7

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »

I got hold of a clear and set chip...  They were fairly straight-forward to use.  The crummy thing is that my reel spin sound went away, and bills started paying out immediately instead of going to credit.  Found some other instructions in the forum on how to fix that through the self test switch.  Everything is back to good!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »

One of the reasons we tell the n00bs to not use a clear chip unless specifically instructed to do so by an experienced member is because you do lose all your settings (such as reel spin sounds, credit limits, bills to credit, etc.).  Most people think that the clear chip will fix every S+ problem, which is hardly the case -- most S+ issues don't need a clear chip.  The 61 loop, however, is one of the rare times that you actually do need a clear chip.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.