Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 Winner Paid willl not clear after max jackpot. *resolved*
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 Winner Paid willl not clear after max jackpot. *resolved*  (Read 4611 times)
sixstring09
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: June 24, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »

Hello,

I have a Bally 809-F.

Everything was working fine until we hit a 5 nickel - 3BAR jackpot = $100.

It paid coins and stopped. Winner paid light was on just like any other winning pull.

1. When I put coins in and spin a loser, the Winner Paid light stays on.

2. If I get any winner, I never get a payout and the Winner Paid light stays on.

The Winner Paid is always on. Before the $100 jackpot, the machine always worked as it should.

The only switch I can see inside is the long L bar that runs under the hopper to the bottom left of the cabinet to the reset switch. Pushing that has no effect.

I pulled the hopper out and checked all sides for any type of reset switch and I can't find anything.

I pulled the reel mech and can't find any reset switches on it. While the reel mech was out I looked around the handle area on the inside right side and could not find anything.

Does anyone think that the Winner Paid light is staying ON because something needs to be reset?

The front of the machine states that the attendant pays the balance. This makes me think that something inside should be reset.

So again, the Winner Paid light is always on and winners never get paid out.

I can take any picture of any part if that would help in the troubleshooting.

Thank You!

* 809.jpg (265.13 KB, 1024x617 - viewed 423 times.)

* winner.jpg (261.46 KB, 1024x617 - viewed 386 times.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:54:05 PM by sixstring09 » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »

So your saying your machine doesn't have a jackpot reset key switch just below the pull handle? I have seen the locks removed, but they usually leave the cherry switch and mounting inside? I've never worked on the model you have, but I would think there should be a jackpot reset some where..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
sixstring09

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »

I'll get a picture of the handle area. Also-

I got the Winner Paid light to go out. I cleaned all the contacts on the hopper beauplugs. I also checked behind the payout counter unit and saw a coil near the bottom. I pushed the coil in and out and also oiled all the moving parts connect to the coil arm. I put the hopper back in and the light was out.

I still get no payouts. If I get a single cherry or any other win, there are no coins dispensed, I can't hear the hopper running and since no coins dispensed the Winner Paid never lights.

I pulled the reel mech and cleaned the plugs on that and no change.

Found a "bally em troubleshooting pdf" and am going through that.
sixstring09

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »

I found two problems and the machine is now fully functional.

1. I found the Payout Counter Zero Switch was stuck on the Zero Stop and was not returning to the normal position. I free'd that and the Payout Counter Zero Switch returns to the correct position.

2. I found a Beauplug with a pushed out and bent pin for the hopper. The pushed out pin was on the cabinet side beauplug and was the sixth pin down on the right row. Looked like a solid brown wire. I couldn't get the pin to stay in so I soldered both the hopper and cabinet beauplug to an unused connector.

Powered up and everything pays fine and everything works.

sixstring09

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »

So your saying your machine doesn't have a jackpot reset key switch just below the pull handle? I have seen the locks removed, but they usually leave the cherry switch and mounting inside? I've never worked on the model you have, but I would think there should be a jackpot reset some where..

Gary

I do see a cherry switch below the handle deep on the right side.

I can activate the switch with my finger.

In the future, what is the process of using the switch?  Do I simply just activate the switch on a full jackpot? Do I have to do anything before, during or after activating the switch?

Just curious and Thanks for your reply!!
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:32:16 AM »

I believe that when the large jackpots were hit, an attendant had to use a key to stop any jackpot bell or lights. The machine couldn't be played until this was done. Turning the key switch would cause a lever to close the cherry switch stopping the jackpot bell. So if your doesn't have the key lock, then you would open your door and close the switch by hand.  Glad you could your machines problem. Those rubber stops get sticky causing that zero switch not to open. People have used a pencil eraser to replace them

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »

Gary is correct, open the door, push down on coin in switch and the machine will restart, and the hopper will reset when you pull the handle.
The purpose of the JP key switch is to re-energize the coin lockout coil which is behind your coin acceptor.
Hitting a jackpot kills the lockout coil, keeping you from 'accidentally' playing off a jackpot pay.  You reactivate it by JP keys switch, or manually pushing coin in switch.

BTW, good job on that beauplug fix.  Always find an unused set of pins, and you're good for another 100,000 miles....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.