Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Player's Edge Call Attendant Bad Data Memory - FIXED
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Player's Edge Call Attendant Bad Data Memory - FIXED  (Read 7355 times)
danatlvc
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: July 05, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »

I have an old style Payers Edge/I think wih the game board against the back wall? I was replacing the candle with the machine on/yes stupid & the machine produced an error code of (coin in sequence) still showing the poker screen. Everything was froze & I could not use the the door switch, test button or the reset key & no top light flashing etc. - Nothing - I pulled the game chip & put it back in & the same screen. I then pullet the Data chip out & put it back in & now I have a blue screen with CALL ATTENDANT & BAD DATA MEMORY below with test & reset & door switch still froze. Any suggestions on how to clear the issue? Also does anybody know how to introduce a board to this machine. I know how to do it on a PE+, but this is much older & I don't know how to do it or can find instructions?

* 005.JPG (335.2 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 338 times.)

* 006.JPG (298.9 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 377 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:54:40 PM by danatlvc » Logged
danatlvc

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »

Here's a pic of the setup

* 002.JPG (304.57 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 357 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 05:30:32 AM »

The only error message close to that in the manual (which you can download here), is on page 5-7 (page 45 of the .pdf) and is "BAD DATA RAM" which is slightly different from "BAD DATA MEMORY" shown in your picture.

The procedure to clear the BAD DATA RAM error is to, with the power on and the error on the screen, open the door, press the white self test button located near the fuses, release the button, and close the door.  That brings us back to your statement that the switches are "froze".  Are you saying that they're physically binding, or that nothing happens when you operate them?

Check your door switch wiring and the switch itself for starters -- if the machine isn't detecting the door as open, it won't let you access anything with the Self Test button.  Also, with the power off, ensure that all of the wire harnesses are securely connected to the MPU board and/or any other connections inside the machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
danatlvc

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »

Problem fixed & answer in the Post above this one - Thanks All

Howdy All,
I'm in need of some help. I have a non + Players Edge Jokers Wild Machine. I recently pulled the game chip & put it back in correctly with the notch on the right side & when I turned it on got the error CALL ATTENDANT BAD DATA MEMORY. I'm pretty familiar with PE+ machines, but don't have a clue how to clear this on a PE board? I've tried the test button & reset key with nothing. Any help, advice etc. would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Dan

* ERROR 006.jpg (309.36 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 391 times.)

* ERROR.jpg (315.54 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 387 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:07:31 PM by danatlvc » Logged
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:42 AM »

Was the game working before the chip was pulled?  Why was it pulled?
Have you checked the voltage on your battery?
I turned my PE machine on a few weeks ago and had the same error showing, turns out I had a dead battery.
Replaced the battery, machine is up and running again.
Hope this helps.
Jim.
danatlvc

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »

Hi Jim,
I tried the battery with no luck. Test button & reset key do nothing
I had another simple error & couldn't clear it, so I pulled the game chip hoping I could reset the board & then got the BAD DATA MEMORY error
Thanks.
Dan
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »

It's been a long time so I'm not sure, but I think all you have to do is close the main door.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
danatlvc

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

Hello & Thanks for the info

The door will not register shut & the test button or the reset do nothing?
I've changed the door cherry switch with a new one twice with no results.
I'll have to check the wiring all the way down for the door switch I guess. I'm not too good with wiring issues, but have no choice it seems

Thanks,
Dan
danatlvc

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »

Yaaa Hooo I got her up & running

I guess the door button originally went out & blew one of the fuses. I had checked the fuses several times 5 or 6 times & they looked perfect. I decided to change the 3 fuses out today for the heck of it & the door now closes & the test button & reset work & the machine is up & running :-) I can't believe those fuses looked new & perfect & one was blown????

Thanks All/pic attached up & running
Dan

* Fixed 002.jpg (312.42 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 346 times.)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »

Congratulations

That's why you always check the fuses with a DVM

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »

Congratulations

That's why you always check the fuses with a DVM

That's usually one of the first things I do when starting to work on a new project machine. Check for proper fuse ratings, check the condition of the fuse holders, and power cords all using my meter. You'd be suprised how many times I've found the wrong fuses installed or damaged or broken fuse holders. Glad you finally got it going..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 02:31:39 AM »

Awesome! Glad you got her fixed  applause
That is a great feeling when you finally figure it out  yes
Jim.
Captflat

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »

I had tilted mine and couldn't get it reset. This worked on my PE. Glad I found these forums. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.