Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S-plus, Scoreboard, Need help hooking up the progressive display.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S-plus, Scoreboard, Need help hooking up the progressive display.  (Read 3957 times)
Slam
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: July 22, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »

Picked up this s-plus with a progressive display in it & would really like to make it work. Problem is I have absolutely no experience with them. I do not see any other parts for the system other than the display on the glass. Anyone know what other parts I will need?

* Score Board 001.JPG (652.86 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 339 times.)

* Score Board 002.JPG (478.77 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 288 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:33 AM »

You'll need a Mikohn ChamII+ stand-alone progressive controller, wiring from that to the machine's motherboard (for coin-in pulses), and a ribbon cable to connect between the controller and that display.  You'll also need a computer with a serial port (or, failing that, a USB to serial port device) and a special serial cable to program the thing.  There are plenty of posts in the Mikohn progressive section with more details as to how to install one of those in a S+ and program it.  It's not an impossible task by any means, but it's more complex than beginner slot machine basics, too.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Slam

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »

I have this controller & the power supply for it. Is it the correct one? If so,how do I plug it up? The meter has a 20 prong connector on it, I don't see any here that are close to matching up with it.

* controller 001.JPG (931.3 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 307 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »

Upon further review, I may have mis-spoken about the meter display. The standard Mikohn display that I'm familiar with doesn't have a 20-pin connector, and would have an input connector on one end (similar to yours) and an output connector on the other end (missing on yours). It would connect to the progressive controller via the gray ribbon cable that is in your second picture.

The controller you have is a ChamII+ and is what you need to run a progressive in a S+ machine (assuming that came from an IGT machine, which is likely a safe bet since I don't see any markings on it indicating it was designed for a Bally game). You'd just need a meter for that, which likely will fit in the opening in the glass where your existing meter is. (Don't remove the wood from the glass - that frame will stay in place, and you should be able to just pop the old meter out.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Slam

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »

Upon further review, I may have mis-spoken about the meter display. The standard Mikohn display that I'm familiar with doesn't have a 20-pin connector, and would have an input connector on one end (similar to yours) and an output connector on the other end (missing on yours). It would connect to the progressive controller via the gray ribbon cable that is in your second picture.

The controller you have is a ChamII+ and is what you need to run a progressive in a S+ machine (assuming that came from an IGT machine, which is likely a safe bet since I don't see any markings on it indicating it was designed for a Bally game). You'd just need a meter for that, which likely will fit in the opening in the glass where your existing meter is. (Don't remove the wood from the glass - that frame will stay in place, and you should be able to just pop the old meter out.)
Thank you for the info, I will try to dig up the correct meter.One more quick question, I know to plug the ribbon to the meter & plug in the power supply, where do I plug in the last connector (6 prong)? K+
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

where do I plug in the last connector (6 prong)?

You'll actually use the red connector with the white cap (I believe) that's wired in-line with that, and it connects to J12 on the motherboard of an upright S+, pictured in this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=46.msg564#msg564

Slam

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »

where do I plug in the last connector (6 prong)?

You'll actually use the red connector with the white cap (I believe) that's wired in-line with that, and it connects to J12 on the motherboard of an upright S+, pictured in this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=46.msg564#msg564
Thank you much, that"s just what I needed. I'll post a pic once I get it up & running Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.