Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 switch on Williams 40x
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 switch on Williams 40x  (Read 3271 times)
TVB2868
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 15, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »

I'm in the process of doing a DBV 145 to 200 swap on a Williams High Speed machine. From everything I've read here on the site, it's a plug and play switch. I purchased a DBV 200 from Rudy's deals with the new $5 upgrade. I installed it and the only new money it takes is the 5. It spits out new 10's, 20's, 50's and 100's. It will accept all the old money. I've tried the 2 different dip switch settings that I know of. The settings in the JCM manual and the settings in the Williams manual---no change! I called John at Rudy's at he said he was certain it had the correct program in it but to bring it right over and he would program it again just to be 100% sure. (Just as a sidenote, John at Rudy's is one of the nicest and helpful business owners I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.) After he programmed it, we tested it on his bench and fed all the new money in and it fed it all right through! The only thing he suggested was to do a ram clear. So when I reinstalled it and it did the same thing as before I took it to Rudy's, I did the ram clear. Everything went fine with that, but I still have the exact same problem. This sounds like a problem for someone other than a newbie. HELP!

PS Exactly when does one lose "newbie" status?
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »

I checked my 3 DBV 200's on 40x machines and all of them have every dip switch set towards the front of the machine.  The only other thing I can think of is there is a bill limit in the settings.  Mine all take $1 thru $20 by default (25 cent machine).  I have never tried to raise it but I read you can change that setting when you clear chip it to take $50's and $100's.  If so, maybe yours is set at $5?  Did you ever try a $1 bill to see if it takes both 1's and 5's?  That might be something to look at.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »

Also in the machine programing you can set each bill denomination to accept or reject (on or off)
Be sure all are turned on.
If you did a FULL ram clear it will default to all bill on and off for 50.00 and 100.00 dollar bills.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »

When I read this post I thought the same thing, maybe the machine was set up to accept nickels and 5.00 was the most it would accept due to the machine limits. THEN he stated that it would accept  all the old money.

Does that mean that it will accept 5,10, 20 ,50 and 100 in the old money and only the 5 in the new money???   that makes no sense at all.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »

.... only new money it takes is the 5. It spits out new 10's, 20's, 50's and 100's. It will accept all the old money.

Jim,
I missed that on my first read.
 Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

Could it be calibration?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:23:52 AM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.