Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  MEI Mars Bill Validators
| | |-+  Bill Val Country Code Changed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Val Country Code Changed  (Read 7134 times)
LittlePaws
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »

We have 3 WMS machines that were turned off for maintenance and upon rebooting the error msg says the bill val country code was changed. What causes this and how can it be fixed? The bill validators are the Cashflow SC if that makdes any dfference.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:14:53 AM by LittlePaws » Logged
perljammike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

This is caused by updating the firmware on the Cashflow bill acceptor with the new $5.00 bill firmware. A ram clear on the WMS bluebird will remove the error message and get the machine back in service.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »

perljammike hit the nail on the head, i just wanted to add a little more info about this.  we have been told that there are certain game OS versions that have the issue with the new $5 update.  i'm trying to convice my manager that an OS upgrade would be a good long term chioce so we didn't have to clear each time we updated the BV software.

Now You're Techin'!!!
LittlePaws
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 03:09:15 AM »

Okay but I'm still not understanding how just turning it off, blowing it out with an air compressor, and turning it back on would cause this issue. This is the second time it has occured. We did not mess with the settings or anything more than put it out of service. Is it just touchy?
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »

i figured since you mentioned the BV type that you were upgrading them when you got this error.  Duh!  i haven't seen this from preventative maintenance and we are very proactive here for p.m. work.  we probably get through every game on our floor in 4-6 weeks and we have about 70 BB's with SC66 bv's.
if i had to venture a guess is would suspect the OS CF card possibly getting bumped during cleaning?  you may still have to ram clear the games to get rid of the tilt though.  g/l   Scratch Head

Now You're Techin'!!!
LittlePaws
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »

Thank you for your reply. It is a possibility. I will have the boys be a bit more careful. Could it also be possible that when they were updated they were not reset and by basically rebooting them it maybe kicks in? Just a thought.... Scratch Head You are right though, the only way to clear the error is to ram clear it. How many machines total do you have on the floor? We have just under 180 at the big one, about 80 at the old one, and I believe about 110 at the new one. We have three PM's (me and the two boys) and we also average about 4-6 weeks. If the three of us work together we can usually get about 50-60 done a night. Just two about 30 and if it's just me I can usually do about 15-20. Usually it's just a graveyard thing but I recently got put on days. I thought it would be more difficult with there being more people but so far, not bad. However, this is just my first week on days. How are things run there?
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

honestly i don't see how the rebooting of the game could have created the tilt, it's a major enough setting that any problem with it should put the game into a hard lockup.  from my experience once the NexGen $5 firmware is loaded onto the BV it immediately locks in the country code tilt.  do your BB's accept the new $5 bill?

i have 665 games here and i assign banks for p.m. to all of the techs (11 of them) regardless of shift.  i take into account which days they work and which hours and base the assignments from that cross-referenced to a tracking spreadsheet i created so i know how long it's been since each bank was last cleaned.
by the numbers you are giving us for the p.m. work that the three of you do, i'd say you are kickin a$$ in regards to total machines cleaned per shift.  to me it sounds like your system is working well for your three sites.

Now You're Techin'!!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:57 PM »

I heard of soft and hard tilts....yours was a bloody rock.
LittlePaws
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 01:00:29 AM »

yes ours do accept the new $5 bills....gosh i'd sure like to get to the bottom of this odd tilt.... Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 01:48:54 AM »

according to the CN from WMS regarding the country code issue...

the firmware versions that have a conflict are:
MEI SC6607 66B170032232 (flash)
MEI SC6607 282586160 (eprom)

the OS versions that have a conflict are:
SSOS-000-14A0
SSOS-000-14B0
SSOS-000-1530
SSOS-000-1620
SSOS-000-1730
SSOS-000-1830
SSOS-000-1840
SSOS-000-1841
SSOS-000-1910
SSSG-000-1200
SSSG-000-1210
SSSG-000-1220

lightning bolt the CN i have was forwarded to me by my WMS lead tech, you could e-mail customer service at customersupport(@)wms.com and they may be able to enlighten you more.  i would check the games you are having the problems with for the OS versions listed above.  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.