Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Blinking blue screen with new LCD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blinking blue screen with new LCD  (Read 5947 times)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »

One of the reasons for getting the new monitor is that I thought it was the monitor that had been the cause of my blinking blue screen issue in the past. It was only after I had had the CRT worked on that this issue had started, so I figured this was the cause. Apparently I was wrong. Installed a brand new Ceronix LCD in my bar-top Game Maker yesterday and everything was going great, and then as I was going into the card-back options today, it went blue and started the blinking blue screen.
Any idea what the issue is or how to make it go away?
Thanks, Jim
Mirage_Chaser

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:08:44 PM »

I think you have low voltage on your power supply...

Bust out the multimeter and give it a look I'd say.

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »

Update:
After turning off and back on a few time, no change. Let it cool off..., no change. Pulled the circuit board tray out and back in..., works great.
I suspect something with a connection regarding the circuit board tray.
Does anyone recall a similar issue and have a fix or can pin point the problem?
I suspect the blinking blue screen is caused when the monitor looses connection with the game, but not sure.
Thanks, Jim
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »

I think you have low voltage on your power supply...

Bust out the multimeter and give it a look I'd say.

You posted as I was posting.
Where do I get the readings from and what should they be?
I am no electronic tech by any stretch although I do have a multi-meter.
Thanks, Jim
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »

Jim  One of the Williams 550 I have every time I pull the MPU out of the machine I have to spray the contacts with contact cleaner to get it to start working again. One spray and it's good until I pull the board out again. Radio Shack Precision Electronics Cleaner.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »

Thanks Buzz.. I sprayed cleaner on it today. We'll see how long it lasts.
Thanks again, Jim
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »

Buzz, sounds like that Williams has a lot in common with an old hooker   bust gut laughing
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »

Buzz, sounds like that Williams has a lot in common with an old hooker   bust gut laughing

Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head  This one went over my head.  I did say board and not broad didn't I  ????  There's a whole lot I could say here but better not, one of the RED shirts will get me.

Speaking of Red shirts, It's been a long time since I said " Thank You"  Thanks to all the Moderators for doing what you do. Folks all of our moderators have one thing in common, they all work cheap.  Jay, Wayne, Kevin, Raymond and Jooooey  " Thanks "

I won't tell you good folks who PM me the ansewer to the age old riddle posted above, but here it is.

Buzz, I was referring to how neither one has a socket that pins fit tight into anymore  But I think you probably guessed that already
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:32:56 AM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Mirage_Chaser

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 11:13:40 PM »

Just checking to see if you made any progress?

For the power supply it has been a long time since I was tinkering with those, but I imagine there are outputs on the power supply and you can test directly from those. They are usually labeled.

Oh and just in case you are not sure the power supply is usually where the power comes in from the outside. Unless that has a separate switched and unswitched power supply. Maybe one of the other guys will know.

Mirage_Chaser

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »

Also I do remember poor logic connections issues on the uprights so I agree with Buzz better check that to so that I am not making you "over tech" the problem.

SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32:34 PM »

I sprayed contact cleaner on the pin connectors on the back of the circuit board tray and haven't had the issue since.
Thanks for asking, Jim
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »

flashing screen,  sounds like corrupt ram,  first check the lithium battery on cpu board,  whatever the problem is, you will need to clear the ram with the p-10 chip.
to check power supply, the CPU board should have 4 green LED's on the board, they all need to be lit. -however just cuz they are lit doesn't mean you are getting correct voltage.
the slant top is easy to check, it has voltage taps on its motherboard,  the others you have to pull the power supply, jump it with 120 v and read the meter,  should have +5, + 12 and -12 -the 24v is rectified and pulled from the transformer -never had that one fail though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.