Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double Diamond Splus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Diamond Splus  (Read 5325 times)
tracy7286
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

I have a splus Double Diamond machine that isn't working. I powered up and the reels didn't lock and I didn't get any error codes, however I reseated board and the reels locked and I got an error code 21, but when I powered back down, I got nothing again. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tracy
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

21 is a coin in error.  What I have found with most machines is to check the battery on the MPU.  make sure it is in good shape.  Did you just get this, or did it just stop working on you?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »

Also, check the connections at your motherboard. With the reels not stiffening and no display, that indicates no power is coming from the motherboard. With it being intermittent, sounds like you may have a corroded connection. Start with the white molex on the motherboard and go from there. Spray some contact cleaner in the molex and scrub the pins with a small wire brush or anything you can get in there with. Even a little ball of steel wool on the end of a screwdriver will work to clean up the pins a bit and get a better connection.

Once you are getting a steady 21 in your display, will work on that as hoping suggested, but your display/reel issue will disable your game completely if its not corrected. May be as simple as unplugging and re-plugging in the connectors.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »

Here's a picture of the connection Roz is talking about, sorry the only pic, I have is of a mother board that has had the plug cut off of the harness and soldered directly to the mother board.

* 001.JPG (439.31 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 352 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »

Thanks Buzz...

Tracy - Let us know if you need help finding the plug on the motherboard.

tracy7286

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »

Thanks Buzz...

Tracy - Let us know if you need help finding the plug on the motherboard.

Thanks , I will try and get back to you all.

Tracy
tracy7286

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »

Also, check the connections at your motherboard. With the reels not stiffening and no display, that indicates no power is coming from the motherboard. With it being intermittent, sounds like you may have a corroded connection. Start with the white molex on the motherboard and go from there. Spray some contact cleaner in the molex and scrub the pins with a small wire brush or anything you can get in there with. Even a little ball of steel wool on the end of a screwdriver will work to clean up the pins a bit and get a better connection.

Once you are getting a steady 21 in your display, will work on that as hoping suggested, but your display/reel issue will disable your game completely if its not corrected. May be as simple as unplugging and re-plugging in the connectors.
I cleaned connections and it looks like that plug or connector has a burnt area. could the mother board be toast? It still has no display or reels locking.
tracy7286

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »

21 is a coin in error.  What I have found with most machines is to check the battery on the MPU.  make sure it is in good shape.  Did you just get this, or did it just stop working on you?
It is a machine that I have had for some time. Replaced battery. I do have a clear or set chip coming, but not til next week.
CVslots

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »

You don't need a set or clear chip for a battery change (unless you have bill validator, then sometimes you need a set chip to reactivate that). Reinstall board with new battery, press white button for 3-4 seconds, close door, and turn brass Jackpot key on side of machine.

If your motherboard has a brown burn mark, all hope is not lost just yet. You may be able to get away with replacing the harness and not the Motherboard, but that is a pretty big Maybe. 

Have you checked your fuses? That's another thing that could be why you have no power to the reels and display. I think it's the middle one, but check them all while you're at it.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »

Check out this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14163.0

...try removing and reseating that plug a few times so it makes a better connection, then turn the power on and see if it made a difference.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tracy7286

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 01:09:51 PM »

Check out this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14163.0

...try removing and reseating that plug a few times so it makes a better connection, then turn the power on and see if it made a difference.
I swapped plug with another machine I have and the reels lock now and I get display. Where would I find plug for motherboard?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »

Look at the picture in #3.  Cut the old plug off and solder the wires directly to the mother board. I slide a piece of shrink tube onto the wires before soldering.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.