Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Aristocrat Esprit sharpshooter one arm bandit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat Esprit sharpshooter one arm bandit  (Read 8417 times)
rayls
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »

Hi there,
I am new to the site and I am needing some professional advice, I have a 5 reel one arm bandit Aristocrat Esprit Sharpshooter pokie machine and I need help as the game invalid when lit light keeps coming on and I cant get the credits when it does. If anyone out there know how to disconnect it or how to fix it I would be so greatful as I am so frustrated when I get 3 of a kind and it wont give me the credit

please help
thanks
Rayls
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »

We've had a few Esprit conversations on this board, but mixed success at getting them working. Click the "search" button at the top and try ESPRIT and ARISTOCRAT to find the old threads. There is information for download in the "Submit a New File" area, in two parts, manual and schematics. It covers the Esprit machines distributed in the US by IGT and the Sharpshooter isn't one of them, but it should cover the basic operation and give you some clues. "Game Invalid", I take it this is after a play, I would suspect the reel opto boards are the culprit. They are covered in the manual.

Post us a photo, if you would, so we can identify this machine in future.

rayls
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »

Hi Op-Bell,
Yes Game invalid is after you have pulled the handle, I have added a photo check the profile it is 5 reels and when you look at the photo on the left hand corner near the zero's there is 3 lights , top one is reserve middle one is game invalid and bottom is collect, the last reel on the left sometimes dosent engage and spins freely and when it stops the light will come on. I have today had some luck with the light not coming on as I fed it and had 20 credits in before I started playing and so far (touch wood) the light has not been coming on. The odd time when the left reel spins freely.
have a look at the machine and let me know what you think
thanks
Rayls
p.s. will check out the manuals ....
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »

It's slightly different from the IGT Aristocrats, but close. I copied your picture here into the thread. I'm pretty sure your problem is with the reel optics. You can easily unbolt them from the back of the reel assembly and blow out any dust or fluff that may be in them. First, though, with the main door open, run through the checks on page A25, Service Mode 2, in the manual. That will check for you what the reel optics are decoding and perhaps identify which reel is causing the trouble.

* sharpshooter.jpg (48.66 KB, 480x640 - viewed 587 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »

Gee...That's a pretty tall machine you have there...you'd think it was one of those Wheel OF Fortune games...lol
That top glass HAS to be over 20 inches high...?
rayls
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »

yes it is tall...and it weighs about 90 kg's not sure what that is in pounds....maybe over 200 lbs
Highjumphero
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

There is information for download in the "Submit a New File" area, in two parts, manual and schematics. It covers the Esprit machines distributed in the US by IGT and the Sharpshooter isn't one of them, but it should cover the basic operation and give you some clues. "Game Invalid", I take it this is after a play, I would suspect the reel opto boards are the culprit. They are covered in the manual

I have an esprit that has a runaway hopper and some other issues, I would like to get a copy of those manuals, how do you gain access to the "submit a new file" area? I tried my username and password but that did not work..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:30:53 AM by Highjumphero » Logged
Highjumphero
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »

Ok I think i figured it out... it was closed because of viruses and spam being uploaded. Anyway does anyone from this post have these files still?
Highjumphero
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:29:40 AM »

So... my runaway hopper fixed itself... the capacitor next to the hopper relay was going bad, now that it completely burned out ( ∞ resistance between the terminals) the hopper functions properly. I wonder if this resister should be replaced? Also someone was kind enough to send me a copy of the manual and wiring diagram for aristocrat esprit machines. I will post a copy on my website soon for others that may need it.
Highjumphero
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32:53 AM »

My 6 coin 4 reel esprit

* 179_DSCF0236.JPG (521.89 KB, 1072x2197 - viewed 393 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.