Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  Copying information from 27C64 to 27C512
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Copying information from 27C64 to 27C512  (Read 3618 times)
Malembe
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 13, 2013, 08:22:33 AM »

Hi there, everyone!

I encountered a small problem those days when i want to upgrade the game that i have already on a poker machine (Bally 5000 plus, Joker Wild), from 1989 version to 1997 version of it. On slot U88 i found that the eprom is a 27C512 type, when normally should be a 27C64. I have the programmer, i have the eraser, i have the original GPK.U88 for this new game...but how can i copy this to an 27C512. If i put the original 27C64, the game is working if i am trying to put the 27C512, with the content of an 27C64, dark screen. How did it work before and how i can make a functionally copy of 27C64 into 27C512, to work properly. I have only one 27C64 and a bunch of 27C512!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »

I'm very green when it comes to burning EPROMs, but have you tried copying the data 8 times into a 512k file (8*64=512) so that it's just repeated eight times throughout the chip, then try it in the machine?

Perhaps someone else can better explain what I'm trying to say to do...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Malembe
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »

No, i didn't try and honestly, i don't know how to do that, also i am beginner, all i know is that i'm trying to do that, is telling me that the eproms is not empty " blanck check..error"
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »

With an S+ the easy solution was to burn the 27c512 with an offset of c000.   I don't know if this will work no a bally though.  The other way is to copy the data 8 times into a new file and then burn that.  This is how you do it using a winodws command prompt.  Let's call your original file small.bin, copy it to the root of C so it is easy to find then open a command prompt and type the following

copy small.bin+small.bin+small.bin+small.bin+small.bin+small.bin+small.bin+small.bin big.bin

The resulting file, big.bin will have the data duplicated 8 times and you burn that to a 27c512 and it should work.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »

For Universal game owners;
I've done the same thing when backing up Universal game files. They are originally on a 2732 EPROM, a 24 pin chip that sits in a 28 pin socket.
Using a GQ reader/burner from MCUmall I read the eprom as 2732 and save a copy.
Then switch to 27c512 on my reader and open the saved file.
Now copy down 16 times (in my case, eight times for a 2764) and burn the chip. Actually I copy down four times and then recopy the four, four more times.  Weird Eyes

Much easier to find 27c512's than 2732's.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.