Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Question about R Board games
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about R Board games  (Read 3183 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: October 17, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »

Ok, I know discussing chip copying and whatnot is a grey area here, so let's assume everything is hypothetical...

To change out a standard game, I know it's just a matter of replacing the chips.  I know for R board games, they use the chips preinstalled on the R board, and the sounds and stuff are embedded on the board. 

My question is, is there any way to duplicate, copy, or otherwise obtain software for an R board game?  I only ask because I have an S2000 platform specific R board game that I absolutely love (Strike It Rich, Free Games), and because it's so rare of a title, I'd love to have a backup in case anything ever happens.  The kit is very rare, so finding a replacement R board would be next to impossible.  Just wondering if there was a way to use regular chips or something, or if anyone has been able to replicate an R board configuration by any methods at all, that would allow me to have a backup in case things fail down the road?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »

Game software and sound is flashed to the board.  To my knowledge there is no way to back up the software.  With these setups you want to pay serious attention to anti-static and surge suppression precautions.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:29 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  Crap, lol.  The good news is my Strike It Rich Free Games kit is a clone of another game... although I can't remember which one off the top of my head, so when I find out, I'll see if that version has regular chips, or if it's also an R board game.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

To date all the versions of the "free games" 3R S2000's I have worked on have been R-boards.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »

Bummer.  Any chance you have any of these free games R boards laying around that you might want to sell?  Wink  Worth a shot, right?  lol.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

nnnnope....

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  Crap, lol.  The good news is my Strike It Rich Free Games kit is a clone of another game... although I can't remember which one off the top of my head, so when I find out, I'll see if that version has regular chips, or if it's also an R board game.

It is a clone of Super Times Pay Free Games.  Compare reel strips and paytable from this photo.

* photo.JPG (376.52 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 189 times.)

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »

Yep, that's the one!

I'll have to keep an eye out for R boards from either game, but I think both of them are pretty hard to find.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »

Currently, but all those r board based games are getting closer to retirement, so availability may pick up just a bit in the not to distant future. It wasn't that long ago reel touch and bluebirds were hard to find
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »

Well this answers a few questions. I was going to do a test swapping R boards in my STPFreeGames and another machine I have with an R board, to see if it was just sound that was on those boards. I got confused seeing Dave (Southernslots) is selling those boards as flash sound.. They may come in handy down the road but for now they would be useless to anyone that bought them right?  Scratch Head  Unless you matched the correct SB to that specific R board..

-If you go through the sounds on those boards they hold all the Haywire, nudge and other sounds that are not used. Made me think that one R board/Flash board can cover many titles.. Hmmmm

-And just to make a damn IGT sound(less) note.. I have a 5R Double345 WITH the R board/Flash sound board and it still only allows legacy sound. AHHH!!

Harvs

(Btw Rick, Your kitchen looks just like mine.. Crazy..)

* photo (4).JPG (363.15 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 195 times.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:33:36 PM by Harvs » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.