Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Call attendant, door m, door MB flashing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call attendant, door m, door MB flashing  (Read 5288 times)
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: October 20, 2013, 03:42:15 AM »

when the door is shut the call attendant, door M,  door MB flash on and off and will not allow the game to play.  When I go into option 4.3.1 processor input test the Main door sensor reports back fine.  I have no hopper or coin handling on the slot but the coin drop door flashes from 1 to 0 and does not stop.  Also the Logic Board switches from 1 to 0, but not at a steady pace.  Any ideas?
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:59:46 AM »

when you open the door does a siren go off?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 04:31:52 AM »

What the display is showing that the Main door is open (M) and that Bill Validator door is closed.

Any Door sensors should alternate between 1 and 0 about 1 cycle per second.
M is the Main Door B is the Bill validator door for gaining access to the cash can.

Is the main door staying at 0 when you close it or is it also alternating between 0 and 1?  It Should be alternating while door is closed and at 0 while open.

Check so see if you have a Belly door switch, it will be mounted to the main door in the upper left corner of the belly door opening.
if you are comfortable bypassing the switch do so.
They seem to give people issues due to how the cash drop teams treat those doors while swapping out the cash cans.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
gposing

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

The main door sensor worked fine.  when the door was open I received a 0.  When closed 1 and 0.  I checked the switch in the door and it tested out fine.   To bypass I would assume I just tie the wires together as I do with the cash can door.

Where is the coin drop door?

Here are a few videos of the problem.

http://youtu.be/6fUO81CyaY0

http://youtu.be/MQaHjfZPZoQ

Gary
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »

did the game ever work? i had a similer problem on my top dollar come to find out it was the mpu..... did you try swapping the mpu?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »

You might take a look at the large, 3 cell green battery on your MPU if it's still there. Look for corrosion and leakage around it. One of the traces for the optics wiring network runs underneath that battery and corrosion will damage it causing these types of failures. Of course you also want to make sure your main door is getting latched properly when you close it and allowing the machine to reset and clear the errors if possible.
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »

For some machines, once you have the error fixed you still have to clear it.

Sometimes once you've closed the main door, you need to turn the reset key.
Another odd one I've found is once you've closed the main door, move the door latch up and down a couple of times.
One odd machine needed a different door opened and closed because it had multiple main door switches, and it was actually a different door causing the error.

Not much to go on, but things to try just in case it's one of those "unique" oddballs.

-Styx
gposing

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »

I hope it will be as easy as turning the key.  I will try later tonight
.  Thanks for the idea.

Gary
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »

Also take a look at the green battery on your board for leaks..... that can cause door open errors if it leaked......
gposing

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:57:26 AM »

I always remove the green battery, I bet I messed up a trace on the board.  Silly Me!  I swapped the board with one of my other slots and the problem stayed with the board.  I guess I will have to try and figure out what trace I messed up.

Thanks Again.

Gary
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »

That's awesome that you've figured it out!

I hope it's an easy fix!

-Styx
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 01:28:52 AM »

I always remove the green battery, I bet I messed up a trace on the board.  Silly Me!  I swapped the board with one of my other slots and the problem stayed with the board.  I guess I will have to try and figure out what trace I messed up.

Thanks Again.

If that's a 502 MPU I have an extra you can have for shipping plus a $20 donation to the site to make you a contributing member

Gary
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.