Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Hidden "Users"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hidden "Users"  (Read 3888 times)
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: October 24, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

Ever notice that Late at night or on diff time zones for that matter the "hidden users" always goes up norm-5-7 at least.  Why?  I can Hide mine in 20 sec. as well.  I suspect a few of these are causing problems.  Just a opinion.   This is for games here but no need in "games".  Just a rant and posted as such under correct heading.---- Scratch Head. hide4  Tried to find a pic of shy little kitty but did not see one. 
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »

Here is even a bettor one--Everyone go to your personal set up and make your self hidden.  Then the side bar will have pract. nothing on it!. I Did it just to do it for a few min.  I initiated a program that can tell me who is doing what but I am not the one to give neg. k. - ttth.  Easy to do and for snakes in the grass but do it a few. Just another opinion.  LETS bump up those hidden users!!!!!!. 
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »

Yawn.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 190

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »

Aren't the "hidden users" the moderators or higher ups? I wouldn't sweat it.  Maybe they need to stay hidden to police the nonsense that goes on here from time to time.  frying pan frying pan frying pan

Have a great day!
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:48:07 PM »

No,  anyone here can do that here as far as I know in your user profile-account related settings.  You are rite though it is no big deal.  I changed mine last night to stealth mode then switched it back this morning. 
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »

If you log out then enter the site you are just a guest . A guest can't post anything . I have no use for the hidden feature but I think some vender's use it to see what is being asked for without exposing them to comment . P.B.

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:28:04 AM »

My name is always hidden, Joey did it to me a couple of years ago and I've never tried to change it.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

So Buzz, what else has Joey done to you over the years that you don't care to change???

Cry Laughing frying pan Cry Laughing frying pan
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »

I wish all questions were that easy  " Friendship "

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 03:33:25 PM »

I was going to rib Buzz but his last post trumps any jokes.

Hmm, my screen doesn't show any hidden users.  Scratch Head Scratch Head 2  Help

Online Guests :    116
Online Users :    35
Hidden Users:    0          <---
Total Users :    151

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Regarding hidden users, anyone can hide or become visible whenever they want. As has been said, it's a setting in your profile on the same page that sets your email address as either visible or hidden.

Just remember: You can hide if you like, but not from us!       NLG ADMINISTRATOR  Odie CaptainHappy garfield Nerd   Moderators and Admins see ALL CatEyes

Crazy bust gut laughing Crazy bust gut laughing

Don't Poke!

P.S. For those detail-minded folks, we see hidden information (including member names) in italic. That's how we know what others aren't seeing.  propeller
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:39:46 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

I was hoping for a completely different reply - a more typical "Buzz-like" reply. But Statfreak is right, no way to get him now.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll get another opportunity down the road to get him to be him.  Crazy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.