Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Problem with Gamemaker 7000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with Gamemaker 7000  (Read 6215 times)
rodster
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

Help!! I finally got my gamemaker running after finding this site and following the instructions for a safe ram clear. I followed the procedures and set the following:
Jurisdiction
Chassis type-upright
Coin acceptor- coin and cod board
Bill acceptor- JCM WBA
Bill hopper-enabled
Door type-mechanical
double down-on
Tournament-none

Now I get a little icon on the screen of the machine and the bill acceptor keeps going up and down continuesly. All my games appear, but I can't select anything. Why is this bill acceptor
keep running? Do I have something set wrong? I had to shut the machine off.
tacman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »

Rod, what size Gamemaker do you have? Also you state it is a 7000, are you sure you have a WBA in it and not a DBV? Are all cash box doors closed?

Dan (tacman)

Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 11:37:05 PM »

Rodster
Just do another clear -  only this time select the DBV instead of the WBA
Pokernut
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »

Dan, he also imput "coin and cod board" which is a 7200+ model. Perhaps he has newer mains with more choices or it is a 7200. Could be the locking bar on the DBV if model 7000. You are right, more info is needed.

Richard
tacman
Topic Moderator

Genius in training.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »

Richard, you are correct on both counts, when I sold my 13" models and got the 17" ones I found that both the coin and bill selections were different from what I had been selecting. We'll see if he comes back with an answer.

Dan (tacman)

rodster
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. I have a 13 inch upright. I took the bill validater out and cleaned it and it is a DBV-200-SH, so I changed my setting to DBV and it stopped running all the time, but it wont accept a bill. I still get a little icon on the screen with a red area around where the cash door is. The screen says select a game but nothing happens.
rodster
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »

I also set the bill hopper to disable because when enabled it asks me for a code, and at the end I get a message on the screen saying open cassette. That went away after setting the bill hopper to disable. I just never remember seeing these setting before and don't have a record of what they are suppose to be. This all happened after changing the battery last year and my game has been just sitting until I could find some time to do some troubleshooting. I just got layed off so I have plenty of time all the sudden.
rodster
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »

Stupid me. I looked in the cabinet where I found the cassette. I installed the cassette and the machine now takes bills but it won't take a coin. One of your replies questioned if I should have the cod board selected. I will try a setting without the COD board. Do I need bill hopper enabled or disabled? And is there any way to add credits without running money through the game? I think thats why I had the cassette out so the bill will just drop in so I can run it through easier.
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

The best way to add credits is to WIN! & win BIG! bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

My advice is to get your machine working as it is configured. Then you can think about tokenization or other methods for adding credits. Your on the right track with the other coin setting. You have the set/clear mechanics down. It's making the correct choices for what you have installed in your cabinet.

Welcome aboard Rodster

Richard
tacman
Topic Moderator

Genius in training.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 05:41:24 PM »

Yes Welcome, rodster. Definitely try the setting without cod board for the comparitor. Both my 13" Gamemakers had the cash can switch fixed so I could run bills through with the side door open. Get the machine running first and then we will move on to those other items.

Dan (tacman)

rodster
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »

Thanks for all your help. It motivated me to continue messing with this machine. I am up and running except for sound. The sound use to work. I have the dip switch setting to on for advanced sound and I don't get any sounds when I go to the audit menu for sound diagnostics. Any ideas for this problem? I turned the volume up and down figureing a bad pot but that didn't activate the sound either.
rodster
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »

I figured it out after reading some more forum posts. My sound came back after setting the advanced sound dip switch to off. I'm so happy I am back up and running after this machine has sat since around 4th of July last year. The wife will be happy. Thank you for your replies to get me running again!!!
tacman
Topic Moderator

Genius in training.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »

Rod, great to hear! applause I'm glad we could help. Any other questions come up, do not be afraid to ask, there are no "stupid" questions here and we ALL learn from them!  yes

Dan (tacman)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:02:07 PM by tacman » Logged

tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »

Nice work rodster!  applause

Thank God for Friends!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.