Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Vision Slingo problems
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Vision Slingo problems  (Read 9849 times)
smileman83
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »

Actually a 3rd thing. Since I only have the basic sound ( no bat ear speakers, just teh flush ones that say vision on them), is it possible to get the improved sounds? If I understand, I would need a Multimedia board, bat ear speakers, do I need a subwoofer ( dont know where that would go). I assume the MM board would only create new sound for the spins? The slingo audio is controlled by a different area of the machine yes?

What other mods would have to be made the the machine to allow it to have that richer improved sound and are these mods difficult? ( Hey I just tackled something I hadnt before so why not)

Bruce
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »

Check the voltage on the coin battery anything above 2.8 should be OK.
Putting in a holder makes replacement easy.I usually harvest the holders from old computer mother boards I always seem
to have old dead computers laying around for spare parts.
Not sure on the slingo what you need for good sound beside a mm board..
The bass speaker should be where the coin tray is.
Check the connector there many times it gets bent up when thetray or panel is slid in when the mpu is replaced
It may be easier to remove the connector from the kick plate and connect it separately.
I'm assuming there is a speaker there.

Rich
smileman83
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 12:37:48 AM »

Thansk will do- good idea on the battery holder from a computer- I assume they are the same size.

No speaker where the coin tray is that I can see. These visions only has small speakers in the top box. Pitiful sound when you compare to today. I understand about the MM board. Does this piggyback onto the MPU?  Do I need to get new sounds chips and remove existing chips on the MPU?

What about changing speakers?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »

Bruce, glad you got it going applause As far as sounds go the vision machines get all their sounds from the top box, they don't have associated sound Simms like standard games do. Better speakers may be your only option there. Thanks for the donation to the site and come visit us forany questions you have in the future
smileman83
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »

Bummer on the sound setup. I thought I saw somewhere where simply the reel spinning sounds which are generic were actually controlled by the MPU and all other sounds the top box. Anyone else have a slingo which has been modified.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

Try a search under vision sound. It's been discussed before but I sure can't remember everything that was discussed
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.