Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Wont let me do a full clear on my s2k.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wont let me do a full clear on my s2k.....  (Read 1585 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: November 20, 2013, 03:00:14 AM »

Spent 2 hours messing with it Silly Me!......i tried doing a clear and it wont let me hissy fit.... looks like these 378 game chips are not compatable with my sb101156 chip...... so it wont let me get passed the 2nd 3 sec clear after i put my ram clear chip in and sb chip...... does anyone have a extra set of 534s or 053s game chips??
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:25 AM »

Do you have another MPU with like SG 363 or SG 598, install that mpu in the machine
You have to match the mpu to the machine
50x in a 50x machine and a 1270 in a machine with enhanced MPU
There is a slight possibility that you might clear the machine that  you borrowed the mpu from, and I do mean slight.

Clear any tilts/errors that it will let clear, then throw in the clear chip and do the clear.
Then put the original MPU back in after you temporarily remove the small battery or ram chips on the original MPU to clear its RAM chips.
50x board remove ram chips, the black unlabeled chips next to the SG chips
1270 the large button cell near the center.

Depending how the clear is registered by the original MPU after it put back in, you may have to key chip the machine to finish setting it up.

You could also buy a few 24C16 from a vendor that plans on scrapping S2000 motherboards or new chips from mouser or newark, the machine will notice they are blank or and will come up cleared but you will most likely need to key chip it afterwords.
24C16 goes in the only socket on the motherboard and not the MPU.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:44:11 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:49 AM »

well i had wap chips in the machine running a wap version game then i swapped out those chips with stand alone sb and game chips..... put the clear chip in waited for the 2 ambers then pulled out board and put those sb and game chips in and thats where it wpnt come up after the 2nd 3 sec reset...... it suppose to show a mismatch error so you can key the machine but it keeps going to attendant error.... so i put the wap chips back in and did a clear and they worked.....it has to be the game chips im thinking....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.