Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Touch pad setup in key chip menu
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touch pad setup in key chip menu  (Read 2487 times)
hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« on: November 20, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »

Thanks to Roz and Dave @ southern slots I got all the parts I need for a game conversion as well as touch pad denom instead of button denom.
Before work today I was able to install the touch pad and fire it up. (Didn't change game yet, 1 thing at a time).
I have short reel glass and changed the 552 to 663.  Upon power up I got "7 segment mismatch". I keyed it and changed 7.2.7 to 663.  The machine initialized and is playable.  However the touch pad I sun responsive.  Details:  the 4 cells blink in order with credits at 0, and when ticket was added, it lit up cell 1 and would play at that denom.  (also note that  4 denoms were set up and working correctly via deck button prior to the parts change)

I did not change or adjust:
7.1.1.4  denomination touch panel
7.2.1.2 validation for EZ play

Would these settings cause the touch pad to default to #1 and not change?
I ran out of time and had to come to work, I'd just like to have an idea what to try next before assuming its a bad touch pad.

Thanks as always yes
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

Until you assign the denom value of each button on the touch cell, this will continue. You need to go in and assign Player 1/Button 1 to a denomination, and then Player 2/Button 2, etc. The machine is basically telling you "I see I have a MD display and touch cell now, but I don't know what to do (or what denom to change to) when you touch it!"

No biggie. I have some pretty good instructions I can email to you, or just search them here, as I know I found them on the site somewhere.

Glad you got installed with no problems!

Roz  wave

hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »

Thanks Roz.  I was assuming I had to adjust those setting to get it to work.  I'll have time after work tomorrow to give it a try, hopefully it'll work.  Nice packaging of the glass btw, best/ safest package I've ever received.
After I make sure the touch pad gets working and complete the game change this weekend, there are a few remaining odds and end parts I will be contacting you about.
Thanks!
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »

Thanks Roz. Nice packaging of the glass btw, best/ safest package I've ever received.

THANK YOU!!!! I've like to think its a pretty good method (I know it's a heck of a lot better than some I've seen), but don't want to jinx myself! Just had a Haywire Deluxe glass get broke and I thought I was gonna cry!

Ok, just let me know if you need any set-up instructions and give me your list of odds and ends when you get it together!

wave

hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 03:44:02 AM »

Touch pad up and running perfect after setting up 7.1.1.4  applause
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.