Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  rookie here need help with a haywire slotmachine.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rookie here need help with a haywire slotmachine.  (Read 14252 times)
hellzbells
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 26, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »

Hey gang glad to be here! I have an issue. I accidently bumped into the main board an then I had to continusly  turn the power on and off before the machine would display the error code 61.1  the I hit the reset and  it would work  but as soon as I turned off the machine I'd would have to hit the power on and off a few times before the error would show. I purchased a new chip set for the reel prom and a new game  prom but it doesn't get passed the reels check point I get and 41, 42, 43 error depends on the time of start up. The new chips solved the eprom issues having to reboot problem  but now cannot get pass this issue. Now if I switch back to the old chips the game works except the still have the original issue.  My game is a haywire 3 wheel ,the original chips for the  game eprom is
Sp1146 type 2 reel eprom is ss4152 the new chipset
 Ss4079 and a sp779 type 2 please help.
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »

What do you mean "I accidently bumped into the main board "?   Did you pull it out while machine was on?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:08:28 PM »

What do you mean by "main board?" Do you mean MPU or the mother board? I'm thinking you mean the MPU. Assuming you meant the MPU - I'd check to make sure it's seated properly and there are not bent pins. I would also check to make sure your chips are in the correct direction. Also look carefully to make sure one of the legs isn't squished and not making contact.
hellzbells

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »

Some how when I put the coin hopper in it bumped the board
hellzbells

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:10:53 PM »

Yes the mpu no bent pins all wires seem to be sturdy
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »

Did you check the chips... eproms?
hellzbells

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »

Yes I did did I get the wrong chips
hellzbells

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 01:02:17 AM »

Not sure what is going on
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 01:04:55 AM »

Yes I did did I get the wrong chips

Are you saying "Yes I did get the wrong chips" Or are you asking "Did I get the wrong chips?"
Are you sure they are installed in the correct direction? There's a listing on NLG for the proper SP and SS chips...should be in the s plus category.
hellzbells

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »

I'm sorry I was asking did I get the wrong chips ill look at that section and see if it works.
hellzbells

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 01:07:53 AM »

Ther are in the right direction notches are correct
hellzbells

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »

Ok since I've pit in. A higher percentage chip do I need to clear chip it
hellzbells

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »

Any more ideas
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 02:07:15 AM »

Ok, ok, ok...lets slow down a bit here. We still don't know what you mean really when you say you "bumped the main board". If the board was seated in the tray, bumping it would not cause any problems. I can't figure out what else you could have done by bumping it. These things aren't that delicate really. Why did you change chips? If it was something you wanted to do to get a different payback percentage, that's understandable, but hopefully it wasnt because you thought it would "fix" something.

When you power on a machine, the error code does not always appear instantly. Sometimes it will take a little bit. Powering it on and off will do nothing, all you are doing is restarting the process. I know you probably think we just don't know what the hell were talking about, and maybe that's true when it comes to some things, but when it comes to S+ machines, we've seen a few, and experienced about every problem there is with them. Unless there is some issue with the power supply, powering it on and off at start up does nothing but confuse the machine by ,asking it restart over and over. Just turn it on and wait....

If you get a 61-1, you should NOT hit the reset AGAIN, instead, you should turn the jackpot reset (small brass) key on the side of the machine. Ive never had one "work" after hitting rest when a 61-1 is displaying. Elaborate a little more on the EXACT steps you are taking at each error (or just ask what to do before doing anything) and we can help you.

hellzbells

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 02:14:18 AM »

Thank you whenever I put in the hopper the machine went blank, I decided to put in a higher percentage chip and ordered a new eprom just in case so righ now when I use the two new chip, I turn on the power hit reset and the reels spin but the I get an error code 41, 42, 43

Ok, ok, ok...lets slow down a bit here. We still don't know what you mean really when you say you "bumped the main board". If the board was seated in the tray, bumping it would not cause any problems. I can't figure out what else you could have done by bumping it. These things aren't that delicate really. Why did you change chips? If it was something you wanted to do to get a different payback percentage, that's understandable, but hopefully it wasnt because you thought it would "fix" something.

When you power on a machine, the error code does not always appear instantly. Sometimes it will take a little bit. Powering it on and off will do nothing, all you are doing is restarting the process. I know you probably think we just don't know what the hell were talking about, and maybe that's true when it comes to some things, but when it comes to S+ machines, we've seen a few, and experienced about every problem there is with them. Unless there is some issue with the power supply, powering it on and off at start up does nothing but confuse the machine by ,asking it restart over and over. Just turn it on and wait....

If you get a 61-1, you should NOT hit the reset AGAIN, instead, you should turn the jackpot reset (small brass) key on the side of the machine. Ive never had one "work" after hitting rest when a 61-1 is displaying. Elaborate a little more on the EXACT steps you are taking at each error (or just ask what to do before doing anything) and we can help you.
CVslots

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:07 AM »

Ok, hardware and software are 2 different departments on the machine. Lets separate them completely for a minute. Put the hopper back in and power up the machine. What do ya get? Now, power off, pull hopper out, and power up. What do ya get?

You could have something crazy shorting out your hopper. Machine just needs chips, it doesn't care what ones it has. For now, I would go back to original chips and get the game back up and running. THEN, I would change the SS and Sp if desired.

proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 02:21:30 AM »

Ok The SP1146 is a 16Mhz game chip and the SP779 I would guess is a 10 Mhz.
You need to find out which MPU you have and the easy way to find out is look
at the top of the MPU board for the Blue Volume wheel.
If the have the blue wheel the it's a 10Mhz board.

But it was working before  then it's most likely a 16Mhz board
Put the Sp1146 chip back in and leave the SS4079 in the other slot and try it again.

One step at a time.
CVslots

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 02:23:49 AM »

Good catch Proten! My way of thinking is to go back to the original config and work forward from there. If game was working, and you tried to fix it, them maybe the fix didn't work. So go back to where you were originally and re-think it!

proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »

But remember that you get a 61 then hold the white button till ding (61-1), shut door and turn reset key.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:16:36 AM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
hellzbells

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 02:29:42 AM »

Ok it doesn't have the blue volume button let me do what you suggested. Thank you partner.
CVslots

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 02:40:14 AM »

He never said he got a 61...partner....only a 61-1.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

hellzbells

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:35 AM »

Ok with old chip 1146 the machine doent boot up I turn the power off the on this time it boots up i get a 61 then clear that out machine works but only after I turn it off then on naturally if I turn it off its going to be a pain in the butt. Now after I bumped into the back of the machine like an idiot it started getting an 85 bad eprom a guy said it was fried so that is why I wanted to install the new one. But if I use the new chip my reels do not pass the reel check
CVslots

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 03:06:57 AM »

Well, one thing at a time...machine needs to clear its errors one at a time. At a 61, you would press the little white button.if it goes to a 61-1, turn the key ONE TIME. If you turn the key at wrong time or too spammy times, you will need a Clear. I really think we can get you out of this without a Clear!!!

hellzbells

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 03:17:39 AM »

I am able to clear it and it does work however  if I turn it back off then on it doesn't want to boot up now if I turn it off and off maybe three, four times it finally boots up  the 61 process begins until I tun it off then the process starts over. A person suggeted that it had had a bad eprom so I replaced that and a new reel chip to get a better percentage
hellzbells

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 03:23:55 AM »

Well, one thing at a time...machine needs to clear its errors one at a time. At a 61, you would press the little white button.if it goes to a 61-1, turn the key ONE TIME. If you turn the key at wrong time or too spammy times, you will need a Clear. I really think we can get you out of this without a Clear!!!

Btw my old stopping ground was Delhi, ca. Small world
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.