Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  HELP Identify this IGT machine.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP Identify this IGT machine.  (Read 15632 times)
MGannaway
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 27, 2013, 10:54:26 PM »

I inherited an IGT slot machine. I can't find anywhere how to tell if its an S S+ or S2000. It was manufactured in 1993 with a model number of 5133CIW. The machine is a "Pure Pleasure." All of the machines I have seen pictures have a little different shape to them. I have included a link to a picture of it.

Here is my dilemma. I first got the "12" code so I soldered in my own battery receptacle and used a 3.6 volt lithium battery. I made it easier to change the battery for future use. But then I have the "61" CMOS code. I have a friend who works on these machines and was waiting on him to come clear the machine with his chip and then reprogram the bill acceptor. But he is taking forever and is hard to get a hold of. SO I would like to buy my own reset chip and what ever is needed for reprogramming the bill acceptor. BUT I don't want to buy the wrong stuff not knowing exactly what model IGT slot machine this is.

Who can please point me in the right direction as to what I need to buy to finish fixing this machine?

therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »

Just looks like an S+ to me. Would like to see the inside. Or remove the board and post what SP and SS chips are on it. As far as your 61 code you don't always need to clear. If your on/off switch is on the right side above the bill validator there is a little white button either on the front or back side of the toggle switch. With the 61 showing push and hold that button until 61-1 appears sometimes you hear a ding also. After getting 61-1 close door and turn reset key on the side and it should reset.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »

With the embedded BV and 4 display windows on the reel glass it's gonna be an S+
MGannaway

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »

I have pushed the white button for 3 seconds and gotten the 61-1 door code then i shut the door and then turn the jackpot reset key and it clears it but then it will come back with "61" again
MGannaway

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 12:47:20 AM »

GAME PROM says "S+ Game 10 MHZ SP1271 0/1/4/5/19 BALLY TUNICA DUP 2/13/03"

MGannaway

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 01:07:37 AM »

therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 11:10:15 AM »

With it going back to 61 after the 61-1, I'd suspect the door optics. Put a piece of tape on the door and cabinet at the optics and make a mark where the optics are. Close the door and see if they line up. Is your door latch sliding all the way down? If they are not lined up you can move the cabinet side up or down to align. Quite often the wires on the door optic get snagged on something and become broken thus the security on the machine see's the door as open and will not proceed. There is a test for checking where a # will change from 0 to 1 if they are working, but I can't remember which one. Maybe someone else will post that part. Like I said the machine has to see the door as closed before turning the key or it will stay in the 61 loop.
MGannaway

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »

With it going back to 61 after the 61-1, I'd suspect the door optics. Put a piece of tape on the door and cabinet at the optics and make a mark where the optics are. Close the door and see if they line up. Is your door latch sliding all the way down? If they are not lined up you can move the cabinet side up or down to align. Quite often the wires on the door optic get snagged on something and become broken thus the security on the machine see's the door as open and will not proceed. There is a test for checking where a # will change from 0 to 1 if they are working, but I can't remember which one. Maybe someone else will post that part. Like I said the machine has to see the door as closed before turning the key or it will stay in the 61 loop.
I tried it a few more times and some times it goes into a mode where pushing the spin reel button or pulling the handle will change some numbers on the screen. I have no clue what any of it means.
MGannaway

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »

Nothing I do will ever make the reels spin or anything remotely close to working like it should. If I turn it off and back on I get the 61 again
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

If opening and closing the machine affects the state of the machine in any way then your door optics are probably fine. Post a WTB for a set/clear chip in the classified section or contact one of the retailers on the home page. Sounds like your machine is stuck in a 61 loop
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »

The "61 loop" after a battery change means you need a RAM clear chip (99% of the time, anyway). If you don't have one, create a post in the classifieds section saying you want to buy an IGT S+ RAM clear and bill validator SET chip for your machine running SP1271.

Also, stop pushing buttons. Smiley. While you'll wind up blasting any settings when you run the RAM clear chip, it's generally not a great idea to adjust settings when you're unfamiliar with them.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
MGannaway

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

If opening and closing the machine affects the state of the machine in any way then your door optics are probably fine. Post a WTB for a set/clear chip in the classified section or contact one of the retailers on the home page. Sounds like your machine is stuck in a 61 loop
That is the conclusion that I have come to before posting this thread. I just need to know what chip I need to buy. I would guess there is more than 1 with all the different machines IGT makes.
MGannaway

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »

The "61 loop" after a battery change means you need a RAM clear chip (99% of the time, anyway). If you don't have one, create a post in the classifieds section saying you want to buy an IGT S+ RAM clear and bill validator SET chip for your machine running SP1271.

Also, stop pushing buttons. Smiley. While you'll wind up blasting any settings when you run the RAM clear chip, it's generally not a great idea to adjust settings when you're unfamiliar with them.
I am sure that the settings were long screwed up before I got the machine from them messing with it years ago. But I know I didn't help anything. I pushed ever thing you can image trying to get the machine to do anything different than it was doing lol.
MGannaway

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »

I posted an ad on here seeking the clear chip and bill validator chip.

But I also found this link to one for sale, But how do I know if this is right for SP1271?

http://www.jjslots.com/IGT-S-Plus-Clear-and-Set-Chip-Set-cs.htm
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »

no...I wouldget a SET088 chip for your SP1271 chip.

Place a WTB ad for a SET088 chip and a CLEAR chip in the classifieds section of NLG
and I'm sure one of our members will be able to help ya! or how to use them!

When you get them in, look at RICK FAQ's on the HOME page for how to use them!
MGannaway

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »

no...I wouldget a SET088 chip for your SP1271 chip.

Place a WTB ad for a SET088 chip and a CLEAR chip in the classifieds section of NLG
and I'm sure one of our members will be able to help ya! or how to use them!

When you get them in, look at RICK FAQ's on the HOME page for how to use them!
What is the difference in the clear chips? And what chip p/n do I need for the bill validator?
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »

JJ slots will hook you up. I'm still betting on the door optics. They must line up exactly or turning the key will always put you in the menu. Which is where I suspect you are since you are having different numbers show up. If once you get clear chip it does the same you will know.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »

His door optics are fine I think therockinelvis?
He got the error code [61] when he closed the door & turned the key the 1st time as reported in Reply #3.

The Clear chip (IVC123) will be the first chip you use once it comes in.
It will reset the machine back to factory conditions.
Then you will install the SET088 chip.
This will enable your DBV in the setting options it opens once you install the chip.
It will allow you to enable the DBV and set the machine's denomination.
Then you remove the SET chip and replace with the Game prom (SP1271).
MGannaway

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

He got the error code [61] when he closed the door & turned the key the 1st time as reported in Reply #3.

This will enable your DBV in the setting options it opens once you install the chip.

Oh so I do need the IVC123 but you prefer the SET088 over the SET015 (listed in the link I posted)? I can't seem to find anyone online selling a SET088 but lots of 015s
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »

MGannaway , make sure you post back to let us know how you make out. And it may help other new slot owners. Good Luck and looking forward to hearing you are up and running.
MGannaway

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »

MGannaway , make sure you post back to let us know how you make out. And it may help other new slot owners. Good Luck and looking forward to hearing you are up and running.
I definitely will. I dont think its door optics. The latch goes fully down and everything looks to be lined up. If I push up or down on the latch or door and trying it nothing changes.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »

Oh so I do need the IVC123 but you prefer the SET088 over the SET015 (listed in the link I posted)? I can't seem to find anyone online selling a SET088 but lots of 015s

Yes, according to the PSR sheet for your SP1271 chip, you should use a SET088 or a SET090 chip to get into the machine option settings.
I have no idea if the SET015 will do the job or not...I prefer to go by IGT's recommendations.

As for the IVC123 chip...most vendors just call it a Clear chip...that'll work. Lol
MGannaway

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »

Yes, according to the PSR sheet for your SP1271 chip, you should use a SET088 or a SET090 chip to get into the machine option settings.
I have no idea if the SET015 will do the job or not...I prefer to go by IGT's recommendations.

As for the IVC123 chip...most vendors just call it a Clear chip...that'll work. Lol
so is the set chip for the BV or the settings?
Sorry for such stupid questions but I am going to buy these chips as soon as I am certain what I need. I just cant find any listings for 088 or 090 set chips on ebay or any websites
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »

both

To make it clear to you, the SET chip allows you to get into the settings
and options to enable both the DBV and other various machine settings.
The Clear chip wipes everything out but sets the machine back to factory settings.
Original factory settings don't enable the DBV - you need the SET088 or SET090 to get the DBV running.

If I were you, I'd change the WTB ad you've posted to show what posible SET chips you need.
Not just ANY chip will work for your SP1271 chip.

Look on the home page on NLG.
There are plenty of vendors that advertise here that will have your SET chip needed.
Give them a call. Their numbers are listed.
I personally got my SET088 chip from Blueridgeslots a few years back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:47:50 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
MGannaway

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:51 AM »

both

To make it clear to you, the SET chip allows you to get into the settings
and options to enable both the DBV and other various machine settings.
The Clear chip wipes everything out but sets the machine back to factory settings.
Original factory settings don't enable the DBV - you need the SET088 or SET090 to get the DBV running.

If I were you, I'd change the WTB ad you've posted to show what posible SET chips you need.
Not just ANY chip will work for your SP1271 chip.

Look on the home page on NLG.
There are plenty of vendors that advertise here that will have your SET chip needed.
Give them a call. Their numbers are listed.
I personally got my SET088 chip from Blueridgeslots a few years back.
I messaged the person on ebay selling a clear chip and 015 and they also sell 088s so I bought them both from them for 12.99 I hope they get me back in business. I will post when I get them and let yall know how it all turns out.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.