Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  HELP Identify this IGT machine.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP Identify this IGT machine.  (Read 14419 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »

I messaged the person on ebay selling a clear chip and 015 and they also sell 088s so I bought them both from them for 12.99 I hope they get me back in business. I will post when I get them and let yall know how it all turns out.

There you go!
Yes, let us know how it goes man!
You'll have your machine up and running in no time!
MGannaway
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »

Ok I got my chips....can someone send me the link to the instructions on using them?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »

Here...from an earlier thread. There maybe a better one somewhere but darned if I can find it. It's fairly self explanatory. Just be careful with CHIP DIRECTION and don't squish the little legs!

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7051.msg62848#msg62848
MGannaway

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »

Im kinda screwed for now. a leg broke off when i popped out the sp1271 and I went ahead and put in the clear chip and hit the reset twice after powering up. It didn't do what it was supposed to and I hit the reset button again and its stuck saying 35 on winner paid and 2 on credits and 0 on coins played. It will not respond to any buttons switches or keys. I removed the 3.6v battery and let it sit for about 10 seconds and put it back and tried it again and it powered right up to the exact same thing. UH OH LOL
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »

The last time I heard of this happening was a member bought a Clear chip from some vendor and they sent him the wrong Clear chip or the data on the chip was corrupted. I tried to re-enact your Clear problem but I can't get my clear chip to stop at [35-2] no matter what I do. (Switching socket jumpers, etc)
I know for one thing that the socket jumper doesn't seem to affect the Clear chip even though I'm using a different sized prom.

What my Clear chip does after I press the momentary white Reset button is display the numbers up on Winner Paid window a [0-1],
and the Credits display runs rapidly up to [254],
it seems to pause for a split second then
the Winner Paid window numbers change to [0-2],  the Credits display runs quickly up to [999] and stops.
That's when I know to switch off the power, pull out the MPU, and swap the Clear chip back to the GAME prom.

You didn't seem to indicate that you broke more than one leg off of the SP1271 chip body.
I do wish that you were more careful when removing or installing chips.
Your method of chip removal needs more practice I'm afraid.
Now you have no choice but to post an WTB ad and ask for a new SP chip.

Also, check to see though if perhaps the vendor you bought the Clear chip from will replace your Clear chip?
See if they will take it back to inspect the data that was written into it to make sure it's the correct Clear chip data?
It's all that I can suggest right now because I don't know if you have the soldering, and chip programming equipment or electronic skills to repair those chips?

If there's a small downward vertically hanging peice of leg exiting the chip body, you may be able to "McGuyver" a cut and shortened piece of metal paper staple into the socket and let it touch the broken leg of the damaged SP1271 - keeping fingers crossed for some sort of connection.
But the chances of it working are slim without a full soldered joint.
Anyways, Welcome to the club!   Tongue Out I broke legs off too when I started!  Crazy
You learn VERY quickly to be more careful when handling these machine chips!
MGannaway

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »

I have already purchased a new sp1271. They are including a new clear chip as well. My dad has a chip puller that he is going to give me so this doesn't happen again LOL
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »

okay good...the chip puller may  help but there's no subsitute for being careful
and watching the chip physically come out of the socket straight upwards rather than sideways.
I've seen chip pullers slip and grab one end of the chip up resulting in numerous bent legs that then need to be slowly
and carefully straightened out with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.
I know because I've actually worn out one of those $20 chip pullers!
I don't know if it still exists but I've heard of leg straightening parties at the NLG headquarters at one time...  rotflmao

You oughta to join the "Bent-Screwdriver" club...no better tool really.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

You oughta to join the "Bent-Screwdriver" club...no better tool really.

A metal dental pick runs a close 2nd to the bent screw driver though. It's especially useful when a chip is really tight in a socket (the pointed end can wiggle in between the chip and the socket a little easier than a screwdriver tip, since its smaller).

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.