Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Another What Have I Got Here Thread
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another What Have I Got Here Thread  (Read 18331 times)
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »

cheers for your help anyway. I'm sure it's probably not the ROM, just gotta start somewhere Smiley
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:07:14 AM »

Just curious on what type of power supplies you are using to power your Display panel?  It's been many years since I have looked at a supreme panel, but I do remember that they draw a lot of current (Up to 10 amps at 5 volts per panel segment).  The more panels, the more current.
For a panel your size I would think you would have multiple high current supplies?
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 03:13:52 AM »

For now I'm just trying to power on a single panel. I've got 1x2's as well as the 3x3. I've tried powering up both panels in the 1x2, and right now am trying with just one module in the 2x1, to eliminate power supply being a problem. 
All that said, the flashing green LED happens even if ONLY the supreme board is connected, without any displays. Obviously I can't say for sure if it works/doesn't work, but it really looks like its rebooting, or got an error. Others have said the green LED should be solid, and that's what the manual says.
With EEPROM installed:
Fast flashingg, almost pulsing
Without EEPROM installed:
slow flashing, LED stays green for maybe 1-2 seconds then blinks and starts again.
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »

ok, Progress!

Thanks to my very generous friend, I have a new Supreme! And with that, I have a display board up and running!
Board is happily talking both via HyperTerminal (configured my 1x2 for the moment) and with Download 2.0
I can run the board through tests, and all works and looks great. It had some very basic progressive data on it when I got it, and I was able to recieve/download those files, and then delete them from the Supreme, this all worked fine. I can see 22 files left that are listed as "ROM" for their location. The sign happily boots this up and runs a generic '0.00' and MIkohn Gaming logos in a loop.
The problem is, when I try and load ANYTHING to it, I get an error. I can't even load the 100 byte 'backgrnd.bat' file. I've tried selecting both RAM Disk and Flash Disk as the data stores on the sign, no change.
When i go to send, it says "Deleting file", "packing Disk 1" .. sits there for a moment, and then ends up coming up with Error sending file.
Current details lists Total Files: 22, Free Bytes: 874,008

Any ideas what I need to do to be able to send files to this unit?
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:00 AM »

lol, oh ffs! That was a lot of head banging for something stupid!
The file on C: that you're sending (ie, on the PC) needs to not be read only!
wow, that's non obvious! The files I'm working with were copied from a CD, and this is a Win98 virtual machine, so of course, it copies the READ ONLY bit from the CD. Wow. ok, now I've got stuff loading! Smiley
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 02:00:05 AM »

I was going to mention if you copied from a CD it would be read only and you would have to change it.
Sounds like you are very close. You even got the hyperterminal working, that took me about two weeks of playing with the board!!
Loading files takes forever let us know how it goes.

Rich
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 03:43:27 AM »

She's up and running. Loaded the NJS - Mystery set of animations, took out the progressive since I don't have anything to link it with yet.

http://youtu.be/y6VBDpypPqU

Video of it running Smiley This is only the 1x2, the 3x3 will come when I get some more 5v power supplies. I'm currently using a 5v 3amp supply for the supreme itself (had it on a 5v 1amp to start with, and it would reboot/reset every now and then), and a 5v 3.5amp supply for the 2x1. I can see the occasional 'dim' in the screen for a second if it goes to something that is VERY lit up, lots of light on at once, so I think 3amps for the 2 panels is right on the border of working. Going to need more supplies to run the 3x3 Smiley
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »

Clap Clap Clap The Wave
Glad you got it working.
Yes they require a lot of power.
On my 3x3 I have 3 130 watt power supplies.
This is what was supplied with the display when I got it. .

Rich
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 07:30:50 PM »

qbert: Did you get my email back the other day? Not that it probably matters much, but just checking you got a copy of that file I sent to you.

Thanks,
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

Yes I did thank you.
Have not tried it but may when I have some free time.
What version does your new board have?

Rich
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »

The new board is 3.16, so newer again, but I don't feel like spending the money to post away to get this one dumped. One day I'll buy myself a programmer Smiley
I'm just awaiting on delivery of my old EPROM back and the programmed chip with the other, and then i'll have 3 different versions I can play with on this board. Probably nothing to be gained by doing so really. From the change logs, it looks like most of the changes were related to progressive support and features, which I'm not using anyway, unless I can ever get a progressive output from MAME, but that's not a priority Smiley
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 12:48:33 AM »

No worries
Just post some vids when you get the 3x3 up and running. I would like to see if you can get scrolling graphics. I have not had much luck going left to right. I can only scroll bottom to top.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »

Glad you got it working!  applause
I've played with those before and
have many gray hairs to prove it!  rotflmao
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »

Hey Bunker,
I thought I saw in a thread a while back that you got the Supreme to do audio. What do I need to do? I too am grey from playing with supreme boards Hijack

Rich
Lord-Data
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »

From what I read in the manual, it talks about an "audio device" on the serial port, I don't expect it's just an audio out, there must be some kind of module/decoder that goes there..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.