Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Problem with UV1700 Double Down sigma video poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with UV1700 Double Down sigma video poker  (Read 8379 times)
Stinger357
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:26:27 PM »

it worked perfect until I unplugged since I was away for a while.  Now when I turn it on the video doesnt display.  There are some error codes in the top CPU are a 31 and a couple others.  I tried pressing the red reset button in side near the power supply.. Nothing.  The lights all come up on the machine, but it doesnt seem to be Booting up.  Is there something I can do to get it to boot up some other kind of reset.  HELP ME

also the bill validator seems to be going through the recycle system and seem to be working ok.  It just wont boot up well nothing on the screen.
doesnt  seem like the CPU is booting up I get an FF error on the leds instide the cpu boardnt  Now I get an error FF on the led of the cpu
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:20:34 PM by Stinger357 » Logged
Stinger357
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »

I also noticed the reset key doesnt turn to the left to reset the machine just to the right for menu.  Is that normal?

Stinger357
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:20:33 AM »

I replaced the 2 batteries on the MB just to see if they had went dead.  Now the system beeps on powerup and now I get a 31 or a c6 error on the led on mb.  Seems like a video cable issue or something.  Also the cd flashes a few seconds then stops.  I hear the beep of the bios when powered on now.  anyone know what 31 or c6 codes mean?
Stinger357
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »

I'm starting to think it is a video issue.  I reseated the cn13 video cable on the mb, no help.  The top candle is flashing slow which in the manual says 2 things 1 is machine lock up and 2 a door is open.  now I get an erro FF on mb led.  Which tends to make me think it is a door switch not working.  Hell I dont know anymore can someone help me.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:23:03 AM »

Cfh, Flexpipe, and KirkLasVegas would be the ones who would know most about these machines, but if the machine worked until you unplugged it, that would suggest a dead battery, as you suspected. Did you test the voltage on the old batteries that you removed to be sure that changing them was making a difference?

At this point, having removed the batteries, you will almost certainly need to clear the machine. To do this you will need a clear chip, which is a very small PLCC for the Sigma.
Here is a link to get you started. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2131.0 
You might want to check out some of the other threads on this (Sigma) board as well.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »

Does it go into the boot process...reading RAM,checking drives,etc? Or does it go right to a screen about the monitor?
Stinger357
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

Does it go into the boot process...reading RAM,checking drives,etc? Or does it go right to a screen about the monitor?

no I do not get anything on the screen what so ever
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »

Sent you a PM ... Will be easier  yes
Stinger357
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

ok thanks to randy we troubleshot it over the phone.,  And come to find out with his monitor out of his  machine it boots up still.  Mine does not.  So there is something else wrong with mine besides the monitor.  I still get the candle top one flashing slowely when all doors are closed on a power up.  I reseated all the connectors of the MB and the back panel.  No change.  I don't get a bell or anything when the door is open.  So any other advise as to what to check on it.  The clear chip is not needed if the batteries are pulled from what I understand, and the monitor should come up and tell me something.  But the issue still remains we might be looking at 2 problems.  No video and machine not botting up.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »

The machine goes through the boot process only as far as the cd rom reads,than stops and reads some more. The whole time nothing displays on the monitor nor does the game completly load . I was thinking a loose connection on the back board was causing it and had him re-seat all of them.
Stinger357
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »

I am getting an FF led mb message now when it has been sitting on for long enough to have booted.  So thats the error now FF what does that mean?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 04:38:19 PM »

FF is normal ...It will come up as the game is loading and also when its done loading. Did you see if it will accept money?
Stinger357
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »

it will not accept money Sad

I do notice on powerup the 3 buttons hold ones are lit up when it first comes on.

but that damn candle light on top is flashing what does that tell me. eithr machine lock up or door is open right?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

If you have a two tier candle,yes
Stinger357
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »

Which is it door open or machine lock up?  I am going to call world wide gaming and see about getting another monitor.  Trying that first and also getting a Clear all chip.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »

It is both of them. But since your machine is not loading it would be the lock up.
Stinger357
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »

The good guys at world wide gaming sent alan over to replace my monitor, and that was 1 problem fixed, then when it booted up we could see the sigma error log was full contact sigma.  So he replaced the MB also to clear that error, and now it is up and running perfectly.!!!!  Thanks so much for everyone's troublshooting.  I am happy again.  The machine plays like a dream.  And thank you world wide gaming for taking care of your customers so well.

See ya
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.