Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 01:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  question about buttons decks Igame
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: question about buttons decks Igame  (Read 3055 times)
smileman83
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« on: December 15, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »

Hi all. well I am trying my first "project". I usually have purchased games, but wanted to play with one. It was a 17" Gameking. I am converting to a video slot. It had the 044 board and backplane which I have swapped out for 1302? ( I cant remember the  number right now). I have been working on cosmetic issues as this was a pretty beat up cabinet and was wood grain. Has been prettied up and veneered with black vinyl and really looks much better. CRT was swapped out for LCD, new bezel and am awaiting key chips to start playing with the electronics.

In the mean time, I had a question about the button deck. I know I can use the one row deck as seen in the pic, but I noticed all the extra buttons inside the door and also that the upper portion of the deck ( which you can see has some damage in the chrome, looks like it is removable in and of itself. This made me wonder if I could get a new upper deck chrome piece that had button knockouts an convert to a 10 button game so as to not have to use the touchscrteen?

The questions are this:

If there are unused buttons rubber banded inside the cab, does that mean this machine can support a deck with the additional buttons? I keep reading about I/o cards and that 2 are needed, but cant really see where to look for those.

Secondly, is this an easy thing to do, or not at all worth it since you can play the game by using the touchscreen?

Lastly, if its not worth, is the chrome piece easily replaced simply for cosmetics with a new chrome part?

Thanks to all. Pics attached.

* 2013-12-15_13-14-08_584.jpg (1022.75 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 185 times.)

* 2013-12-15_15-54-06_598.jpg (975.58 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 203 times.)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:13 AM »

It looks like you have the buttons you can go to I/o tests under diagnostics to see wether or not they work.  You should be able to find a new button deck, try the classifieds, they are not that hard to change out.
cartman765
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 1188

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

I offered you the button deck that I have it has the buttons and the harness with it but you never got back with me. If you have the harness installed already all you have to do is push the switches into the buttons and your all done.
smileman83
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »

Sorry about that cartman. I have this posted on a difretent forum area and forgot I had posted it here. So you have the top section of the deck which has the additional holes in it? How is the chrome on yours? And teh other issue taht everyone keeps telling me is perhaps I dont have the right I/O to run the addtional buttons since this was originally a game king. I am trying to find out if this is an easy thing to swap out/add parts etc. I know the button lights are there but I have gotten conflicting thinsg about whether this is an easy mod. In case it is, how much for yours?

Bruce
cartman765
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 1188

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »

The panel has normal ware and tare a little scratching the right side but other than that it looks good.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 02:58:46 AM »

Look inside the machine just below where all the wireing is that runs from the machine to the door. There should be two I/O cards, or one I/O card with an empty slot. If there is an empty plug in the slot next to the single I/O card then all you would have to do is slide in the other I/O card. That shouldn,t be hard to find but you will probly have to buy it with the wireing harness. If you already have two I/O cards do the front panel I/O test or after you install the new software and have the machine running pull out the bottom cherry switch to the right of the monitor or push it in and hold it and you can run the machine with the door open and test it that way. If the buttons are not working trace the wire harness from the I/O cards  back to ware it plugs into the bach plane below the circuit board. If it is pluged in then you probly have a bad or possibly wrong I/O card.     
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.