Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  MEI Mars Bill Validators
| | |-+  TECH: Mei Cashflow 6602 not accepting bills?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TECH: Mei Cashflow 6602 not accepting bills?  (Read 4145 times)
cwaig_tx
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: December 18, 2013, 01:06:28 PM »

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a MEI Cashflow DBA on a slot machine I recently picked up.
I'm not exactly sure what the 3 LED's (green, yellow, red) mean or how they should be lit for proper operation as this
is the first slot I've owned with one of these installed on it.

Here is what I can tell you.
When the game is on and ready to play, the DBA bezel is illuminated like it is ready to accept dollar bills.
Looking through the door lock hole (as I don't have a lock on the machine yet) I can see the Green LED is lit SOLID.
The DBA will take in a bill, but rejects it.

I have opened up the bill head and the bill path appears to be clear and free of an debris. Cash box is secured.
I have tried running $1's, $5's and $20's.

With the front door open, the DBA green LED changes from being lit solid when the door is closed, to a slow blink.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

* slot5.jpg (1909.8 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 305 times.)
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »

Does it take the bills in? or does it not even take them.  I have a a 6607 which takes tickets but no bills.  I am told it needs to be re-flashed.  There's also a way to print out a configuration sheet in which you bubble in which bill denominations it will accept, maybe yours is set to only take tickets.  In my case, even with all bills enabled, it won't accept any, only tickets.  Search the forums in the MEI section and there's a post somewhere with the manual that has the page you can print out for configuring it.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
cwaig_tx

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »

Rick,
It will take the bills in, but it spits them back out.

Ill look for the coupon and see about reprogramming it.
Does anyone know if the leds are lit correctly on mine for proper operation?
cwaig_tx

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »

Found the manual online. Looks to me with a solid green light the unit shows no error and should be working properly....but it isn't.

It might need to be reflashed.

I did look for the coupon as I'm familiar with using them on the AE2600 series on arcade games. Looks like the coupon is not compatible with the SC6600 Series.
The SC6600's will need to be reflashed with a programmer.

I may tinker with it a little bit over the christmas break. If I can't get it working. I'll take it to AECO here in Dallas.They told me they could
reflash it and test it for $65. If it needs repair they can fix it for an additional fee.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.