Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  I have a Bally EM Medalist Question.. Repair and pricing..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have a Bally EM Medalist Question.. Repair and pricing..  (Read 5000 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: December 29, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »

I'm looking for some advice concerning the Bally Medalist EM slot machines... Does anyone know or have an idea what this classic 5 reel machine might sell for in working condition, or what a vender might pay for one taken as a trade in? I might have a chance to pick one up that's in really nice shape but needs to be shopped out.. Right now it's not working, I'm assuming due to just non use.. Is there any special stepper unit in it, since it plays like 1 to 3 machines at once? All I know about them is that coin 1 plays the first 3 reels, coin 2 plays reels 2 thru 4, and coin 3 plays reels 3 thru 5.. Does the machine payout on multi jackpots, or just the highest? I'm not sure how rare they are, or how many were produced.. This machine is being brought to me for repair by a local slot vender, since he doesn't do much EM repair any more, but he knows that I do.. I'd like to make an offer to buy it since I've been wanting one for a while, and I'd like to be prepared to make a fair offer.. How bitter sweet is this, fix it so he can sell it at his shop, or try to buy it for my self..

Thanks for reading,  Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »

Medalist is one of the coolest of the bally EM's.  Had one for a long time.  Everyone wanted to buy it.  Finally ended up trading striaght across for a Millls Horsehead Bonus, which was valued around 1500.00 at the time.  hard to put a number on it, but it sure is one of the more valuable bally EM's.  Congrats on that.  Hopefully getting everything all loosened up will net you a working machine.  that is all it usually takes, just getting everything moving again beyond all that dried out grease.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »

Thing is that it's not mine yet.. I want to try and buy it.. I'm going to be serving the machine next week. I know they were made for the Olimpics back in 1977. They were selling for up to $2500 a few years back, but like everything else the prices have dropped. Will a good work Metalist in nice condition still bring a $1000?? I guessing the seller didn't get that on the trade in since it wasn't working. Would I be out of line offering $300-$400 for it in non working condition?

Gary

mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Heck, throw the sller an offer, all they can do is say no.  400.00 non working would be a great buy in my opinion.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »

Thing is that it's not mine yet.. I want to try and buy it.. I'm going to be serving the machine next week. I know they were made for the Olimpics back in 1977. They were selling for up to $2500 a few years back, but like everything else the prices have dropped. Will a good work Metalist in nice condition still bring a $1000?? I guessing the seller didn't get that on the trade in since it wasn't working. Would I be out of line offering $300-$400 for it in non working condition?

Gary
I don't think that an offer of $300 is out of line for a non working machine. Jackpot picked one up recently for $300 and it needed work. I think he sold it for around $1,200 but he normally sells cheaper than market value.  As for payouts these machines pay out
for each of the 3 reels so it is possible to win on all combinations. The hoppers have a huge plug and that is probably due to the
Medalist actually being 3 machines in on cabinet
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »

Well I hope to own it later this week. I'm hoping to get it for $300-$400. I did find a couple of videos on You Tube showing the Metalist machine. I don't have any plans in selling it if I buy it. I might have to cocider sell one if my other EM machines to make room for this monster, but I hate the idea of selling my 742 Money Honey, or my 831 JPO from the Sands, or any of my 3 MGM's Red Glass EM's. I do have a cool 1993 Aristocrat Fantasy Forture nickel machine I could part with Scratch Head  if any ones interested..

Gary

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »

Well I hope to own it later this week. I'm hoping to get it for $300-$400. I did find a couple of videos on You Tube showing the Metalist machine. I don't have any plans in selling it if I buy it. I might have to cocider sell one if my other EM machines to make room for this monster, but I hate the idea of selling my 742 Money Honey, or my 831 JPO from the Sands, or any of my 3 MGM's Red Glass EM's. I do have a cool 1993 Aristocrat Fantasy Forture nickel machine I could part with Scratch Head  if any ones interested..

Gary

keep all your machines and get rid of your Ol Lady, problem solved.  Hell maybe a lot of problem solved !!!   Clap Clap

I should start charging for all this good advice.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »

keep all your machines and get rid of your Ol Lady, problem solved.  Hell maybe a lot of problem solved !!!   Clap Clap
I should start charging for all this good advice.

Buzz,  I must be one of the lucky ones.. The wife doesn't complain when I take over the kitchen table as I did tonight doing a repair on an 831 reel bundle.. Heck my house looks like a slot machine grave yard at times.. Right  now I have 11 machines scattered between my kitchen and family room. That doesn't include spare parts!!   frying pan

Gary

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »

Trust me I didn't just stage this mess.    Oh and " NO WIFE "

* PICT0036.JPG (707.86 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 235 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »

Buzz you win.. Mines not quiet that bad today, but it has looked awful close. At least today I did roll back the wife holiday table cloth before I started working..   yes

Gary

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.