Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:05:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  Help PLEASE Ainsworth Aristocrat
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help PLEASE Ainsworth Aristocrat  (Read 4440 times)
ezazz
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »

I have recently aquired an old one arm bandit slot Australian 20c machine its called the Boomerang

I managed to get most parts working after a but of tinkering but still have a few bugs to work out, currently i have managed to get it to light up and have most the mechanics working
however i need some help with

1/ when i insert a coin and pull the lever all 4 reels spin but then the actuators do not activate automatically to stop them ( with the door open i can hit the reset button and they all lock into place and hopper spins to pay out)
2/ the hopper will pay on every spin regardless of what is on the reels and wont stop paying until it times out and red led for the security button comes on

i havent been able to find much info on these slots and this is my first one so any help would be greatly appreciated
ezazz

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:17:07 AM »

Pic 1

* IMAG3158.jpg (1032.05 KB, 1552x2592 - viewed 369 times.)

* IMAG3158.jpg (1032.05 KB, 1552x2592 - viewed 387 times.)
ezazz

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:19:30 AM »

Pic 2 ,3 and 4

* IMAG3161.jpg (812.17 KB, 2592x1552 - viewed 319 times.)

* IMAG3162.jpg (1032.12 KB, 1552x2592 - viewed 366 times.)
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »

Looking at the board, in the top left corner there is a blue ribbon cable that appears to have gotten hot on the first line. It looks a little brown and that might be an issue. Might not be making contact at the board or socket. Check for cold soldier connections as well.
Dave F

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

also looks like the board around the relay just above r6 is burned...Check all connections for continuity...
Jimmy
ezazz

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54:59 AM »

Thanks for the tips guys, replaced 2 caps that were testing low and one that had a broken leg, did some further investigating and managed to find on the board to the right that the blue ribbon cable fixes to that one of the little black chips was very hot .... what do these chips do and how would i go about fixing, or finding a replacement ? i feel like im starting to sound a little dumb, im an Aussie Electrician so i think im up to the task, however have pretty limited knowledge of electronics..

azz
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 04:26:45 AM »

Usually these type of connections create heat because they make intermittent contact that causes a spark which overheats the wire so it burns and looses connection.  Repair the cold solder joints and connections and that at lease will get you heading on the right direction.
Dave f.

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.