Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  CLOSED TOPICS
| |-+  New Life Games Classifieds for 1-1-2014
| | |-+  WTS SLOT Machines (WILLIAMS, IGT S+, SIGMA)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTS SLOT Machines (WILLIAMS, IGT S+, SIGMA)  (Read 15045 times)
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:22 AM »

Well.....I can't/won't speak for anyone but myself....
But here is my "Take" on this.
No one here is knocking you or hating you, or even disliking YOU for any of this really.
People here buy WHOLESALE and some resell at "Street Value".Some are Junkers, some are "parts complete"..others are in very nice shape.
Most of the time they are DEEPLY discounted as it's a large quantity.I have bought MANY machines for $100 each "Parts Complete", cleaned them up and sold them for $499.I have sold them on Ebay and Craigslist and to friends of friends.Making a quick HONEST $399 for some elbow grease, a few light bulbs and a battery is a sweet deal. Thats why I said keep listing them on KSL. It's a GREAT idea, i was not being a wise-guy.I am a hobbyist, not a retailer or investor.
No one really knows how much YOU have into a machine, so telling you what to sell YOURS for is not a easy thing to do.If you live in a city where machines are popular, then used ones are as cheap as well worn taxicabs.Some vendors here in Vegas will sell a lot, just to regain the space in the warehouse for the next batch coming in! The comments are constructive, a indicator of the prices of the industry/hobby. Street prices will always be higher.

* 900bsmall.jpg (390.94 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 231 times.)

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Theboundbook
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -7

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 05:25:23 AM »

Well.....I can't/won't speak for anyone but myself....
But here is my "Take" on this.
No one here is knocking you or hating you, or even disliking YOU for any of this really.
People here buy WHOLESALE and some resell at "Street Value".Some are Junkers, some are "parts complete"..others are in very nice shape.
Most of the time they are DEEPLY discounted as it's a large quantity.I have bought MANY machines for $100 each "Parts Complete", cleaned them up and sold them for $499.I have sold them on Ebay and Craigslist and to friends of friends.Making a quick HONEST $399 for some elbow grease, a few light bulbs and a battery is a sweet deal. Thats why I said keep listing them on KSL. It's a GREAT idea, i was not being a wise-guy.I am a hobbyist, not a retailer or investor.
No one really knows how much YOU have into a machine, so telling you what to sell YOURS for is not a easy thing to do.If you live in a city where machines are popular, then used ones are as cheap as well worn taxicabs.Some vendors here in Vegas will sell a lot, just to regain the space in the warehouse for the next batch coming in! The comments are constructive, a indicator of the prices of the industry/hobby. Street prices will always be higher.

Thank you....  And I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE RUNNING AN AD HERE AT ALL... BECAUSE I AM GETTING WHAT I AM GETTING "RETAIL" FOR MY ELBOW GREASE, TIME, AND THE FRUSTRATING MOMENTS OF TROUBLESHOOTING A DAMN COMMUNICATION PROBLEM ON A WILLIAMS DOT MATRIX BOX.... (STILL DOING THAT)...

I just don't want people to think I am one, trying to rip people off, because I DEFINITELY THINK I AM IN THE BALL PARK ACCEPTING 800, IN SLC and am always willing to work on Best Offer...  So when I offered this "10 pack special" I HONEST TO GOD, THOUGHT I WAS GIVING  DEALERS A GOOD DEAL TO PEOPLE ON THIS SITE.... I GUESS NOT...  I can see where people who spend thousands and thousands on overhead, staff, trucks, and all that chit (I had to rent a truck to load em by hand and drive em up 500 miles myself), it would cost them a pretty penny just to keep the lights on and NEED TO FIND DEALS FOR 100 A MACHINE.... 

I just think I shouldnt have advertised machines here at all....  Because for me to sell em for 200.00 after 10+ hours work would be ridiculous for me or anyone else just for the time to do it all...  I understand buying a pile of machines by the pallet for 100 or less a machine and some will work after alot of work and trouble and some must be parted...  But my hobby would be over as fast as it had started amd I would never have a chance in hell of BUYING 6-8 machines and have it OK'd by my wife... But if I bought the 78, sold a bunch and made some money at the end, sure I can keep 6-8...  And it has worked....

So, I am NOT GONNA POST THE REST OF THE PICTURES OF MY MACHINES, BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ADVERTISE EVEN A GREAT RETAIL PRICE; I apologize for getting people upset or disgruntled... I was/am EXCITED AS HELL that this "hobby" would be awesome and it has been....  I was really excited (I'm sure that showed in the ad and the pictures until I was reminded I AM ON A DEALER/SUPPLIER forum, and  that kinda woke me up to smell the coffee, GREAT AD n DEAL in RETAIL LAND, WRONG VENUE....
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »

I've been following this post and yeah it got a bit crazy.  I think a big part of all this is availability of machines and desire to own them.  400 for S+, well if its a machine I've been looking for and its hard to find then thats probably a good price.  Those machines while they are work horses they are older and parts are getting harder to find.  Most of the folks on this forum are avid collectors and/or people in the industry and are used to buying at very discounted prices.  Sounds like you have some nice machines but they are older or "at least to this group" of a less desirable nature based on price.  I found nothing offending about your posts, some of the replies may have been a bit edgy and maybe a bit more blunt than necessary but hey, you are trying to get what is a fair price for your investment as well as your time, nothing wrong with that, good old capitalism and if you find folks willing to pay the price you are asking then more power to you.  Those little grandmothers out there that love the Wild Cherry machine, they don't care if its S+ or S2000, they know its what they like to play so for them 800 bucks might be a great price.  To the guy that bought one yesterday for $100 bucks, your price is a bit high.  I think we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the hobby and in your case, side job, so don't let one bad post keep you from participating in the forums.  I know there is a machine listed on here right now for $2500 that I would give my left .... for but I can't afford that and I do think at some point I'll be able to find one that I can afford.  The machine I'm looking for is hard to find as I have learned so that price is probably somewhat warranted, but I don't hold any resentment for him asking that amount for it.  I like you have learned a great deal from the good folks here, I have made some new friends (always looking for more) and I'm sure I've inadvertently made some people mad.  Like in any other situation in this world you have to know your audience...  TheBoundBook, keep enjoying your hobby, keep buying and fixing up those machines and giving them new life.  I wish you the best in your endeavors to liquidate your existing inventory.  Have a great day everyone.

Mike
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »

Supply and Demand. If you can get $700-800 for an S+, do it. Price is determined by what your local market will support. I think the only 2 mistakes you made are:

1.) Not introducing yourself. (No offense, but I don't know if you know your butt from the inside of a slot machine. Why would I trust a stranger who, for all I know, has never worked on a slot machine before.)
2.) Offering at "Wholesale", before you were educated on your audience and wholesale pricing. Many people misuse the word wholesale and apply it to anything sold in a group. Wholesalers buy with the intent of reselling the product. The product needs to be priced with enough meat on the bone after transport, storage, advertising, overhead, etc. I have NEVER known a dealer to buy shopped machines...Batteries are cheap, so is labor to shop a machine (especially an S+). A good tech could be done in under 2 hours (and that's an average, some machines 30 minutes, some machines 4 hrs).  Clean and polish, 1 more hour (and that's a really dirty machine).

Stay at it. You'll get down to 6-8 like you planned just by selling locally.

Theboundbook

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

Supply and Demand. If you can get $700-800 for an S+, do it. Price is determined by what your local market will support. I think the only 2 mistakes you made are:

1.) Not introducing yourself. (No offense, but I don't know if you know your butt from the inside of a slot machine. Why would I trust a stranger who, for all I know, has never worked on a slot machine before.)
2.) Offering at "Wholesale", before you were educated on your audience and wholesale pricing. Many people misuse the word wholesale and apply it to anything sold in a group. Wholesalers buy with the intent of reselling the product. The product needs to be priced with enough meat on the bone after transport, storage, advertising, overhead, etc. I have NEVER known a dealer to buy shopped machines...Batteries are cheap, so is labor to shop a machine (especially an S+). A good tech could be done in under 2 hours (and that's an average, some machines 30 minutes, some machines 4 hrs).  Clean and polish, 1 more hour (and that's a really dirty machine).

Stay at it. You'll get down to 6-8 like you planned just by selling locally.

I guess my "INTRODUCTION in March got missed, and yes it was pretty vague..." 

FROM THE THREAD: 29     General NLG Chat / The Welcome Wagon / Re: The Welcome Wagon Thread

Hi, everyone!!!! BRAND NEW HERE, AND BOY, LOVE WHAT I SEE ON THIS SITE!!!! I have owned a Bally 6000 machine (25 cent, 1-3 coins) for a couple years and love it... I have just bought myself 45 more slot machines this week that all came from Venetion Hotel Years ago from a guy....  Sigma, IGT, and Williams machines... All of them are made in the 90s...  Have dot matrix ones (X Factor, Winning Streak, and Jackpot Party), to IGT Slots of every kind and denomination and then some Sigma machines like Tunnel Treasure and others...  Been working 12+ hours a day, learning by trial and error how to get ach of them up and running perfectly... Lots of problems, but already have 3 100% perfect and 4 are just minor voltage issues to a couple other situations I have read about here and will apply in morning... 

Oh, I live here in Salt Lake County, Utah...  Just 10 min. from doorstep to Snowbird Ski Resort and 15 minutes to Alta!!!!  Also 15 and 20 minutes to Solitude and Brighton Ski Resorts Respectively...  Any questions feel free to ask!!!!  I will be selling all the machines (AND/OR PARTS POSSIBLY TOO)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »

Yeah, I missed your intro. So belated welcome to NLG.  wave
You are doing what I did seven years ago, buying a bunch of slots, learning to fix'em and sell them, then keeping a few. Lots of fun! Like you I started out knowing nothing about slots in 2006.
I've seen the price of slots like the S+ and Universal's drop over the years. Back in 06 and earlier you could get up to $1000 for an S+. Think that is why we see so many listed on Craiglist for high prices now as the owner(s) probably bought it for a bunch years ago and are now finding them hard to unload at high prices.
What worked for me was finding local amusement game auctions and cosigning my machines. Even any public auction would do. Often got better prices than selling online and sold 3-4 machines at a time. 

Also like you, I'm originally from Michigan and like sports betting too! College football is my favorite, best luck has been Big10 and MAC.

Had to laugh when I saw your karma at -9. Think your opening ad blindsided some folks.

Here's a  +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Theboundbook

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »

Yea, that word "Wholesale " upset some peeps and possibly the fact I am getting 800 usially (never less tahn 6 when someone is buying just 1, upset some people I guess.

So thank you for the Welcoming";

And folks,, I AM ONE EXCITED NEWBEE THAT JUST EANTS TO LEARN AND START COLLECTING BETTER AND 'RARER" MACHINES DOW. THE LINE.....  who know 's... Im just happy to be doing what I am doing....
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

"Bound" for a karma upswing! lol

Here's a K+ for being a good guy and ...>>> NLG Welcome
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.