Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  baly Crazy Winner problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: baly Crazy Winner problem  (Read 2978 times)
RBPerrine
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 20, 2014, 03:56:34 AM »

I've been asked to fix a Bally Crazy Winner machine that hasn't been working for a couple of years.
Model # S62B3CT-00
MFG 11/93
25 cent with no bill changer

MPU board  AS3356-201 Rev C

I've worked on my IGT S+ machines but never a bally.
At first we thought it ight need a nbew battery , clear chinps and a reboot.
The ower ahs told me it has had the battery changed 3 times before.....so we started there.  Installed was a NiCad....which was dead....so i got a lithium replacement.
Noting that the Ni-Cad on the board didn't probably have charging circuit....and the guy did a very bad job of soldering it in.
I removed the old battery and go the holes cleaned, but they have heated the board so much that the traces for the battery connection are gone.
I can see where I must add a jumper for the positive side of the battery .....but not the negative.
It doesn't look like there was a trace on either side of the board for the negative.....anyone know itf it's more that a duel layer (actually 2 sided board)?

iWhen I turned on the machine (before removing the battery) it was basically dead. the floresents came on.....I reset the curcuit breakers and the buttons came on.....the whole row of them blinking about once a second.  With the door open I got an 81 code (door open)....pressing in the door switch or closing the door just made the "8" go dim
not out and the "1" digit was lit.  Thee wa no startup reel spin as I would normalluy see on the IGT's.....Stepper's did have a locking voltage on them, but I could turnthem a step and they wouldn't move back to the previous step (is that no memory of the last roll stop in the machine?)
There was also a slight buzzing sound that seamed like it was coming from the  main processor board or actually the mother board behind it (didn't sound like in the area with the  stepper motors.

So that's where I am so far.....need to know where to jumper the battery on the board.

Next ....there are 6 chips with hand written sticker on them..........  U3   U4   U12   U15     U18   U20
Which are the game and reel chips? etc?

Should  I get a set of Clear chips to get the machine reset, up and running?

I don't really have a good camera to take close pic's of the board....so if you guys can post something for me that would be great.

Rich
RBPerrine

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »

Did some surfing through the bally posts here today.....so I think i've gotgot the ifo I need....other than the clear chips.
So I'll get through the basics I've already read.

Rcih
montech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

How long is a short?

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »

I would suggest purchasing a set of Leave In Mains on the classified section.  They cuts down on service calls.

There ya go again...trying to find a simple answer to a complex problem...all you techs are the same!
RBPerrine

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »

Are there different types of leave in mains?
all the chips have a sticker over them which somone tore off and wrote on with a pen....

These are U3,  U4....U12 , U15... U18 ,U20

U 12 is labeld    ME 920000-4-1  27512  L941806

U15        ME 920000-4-0   27512     L94-1806

U18        E592711-05  SMI6991    L930554

U20        ES92711X-05    SM6991   L930554

U3         SE920000-5-3    27512    L94-2005

U4         SE920000-5-2    27512     L94-2005

Are Mains chips different than clear chips....or just a different name?

Rich
DF777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »

I have only been a slot owner for 1 year and beside one IGT S+ I have only had experience working on 6 different Bally S6000's so this is just basic info and may not be pertinent to your machine.
You will need to download the manual for the model you are working on.The information is on the Home Page on the right side NLG File System
The model #  should be on your MPU  near the number you gave.I have an S6000 and the MPU has a date of 1997 so I'm guessing you have a 5500.
The CLEAR chips go in the place of the MAIN chips when you need to do a clear.After the clear you need to remove the CLEAR chips and put the MAIN chips back in their slots.
With leave in Mains/Clears they stay in place all the time and when you need to do a clear it is just a matter of flipping a dip switch.Good Luck
montech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

How long is a short?

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »

Opps !!!
Sorry RB .. Leave in mains are for S6000 only, you have a 5000 or 5500.  Silly Me!
Its ok though because you have the ability to do a hard clear with the clear jumper, so it works the same way.
I put Leave in Mains in all my S6000 so that if the machine is far away I can tell the customer how to reset his machine over the phones, saves service calls.
Ill shut up now muted

There ya go again...trying to find a simple answer to a complex problem...all you techs are the same!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.