Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:57:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  s2000 9 line to 1 line
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: s2000 9 line to 1 line  (Read 4966 times)
thatsnotgood
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 23, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »

I just purchased a igt s2000 that has 9 lines and I am curious if in the future I wanted to convert it to a game such as triple diamond with one pay line will I be able to make this conversion or is that not a possibility. Thanks very much!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:32:22 AM by thatsnotgood » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »

Congratulations on the machine!

It's absolutely possible. Some hardware and software changes are needed of course, but the S2000s are all basically the same "body" with different packages (game kits, upgrades, etc.).

When you're ready to do it, just post again asking what is need to do the conversion.

thatsnotgood

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »

Thank you very much for the information I will make sure to let you know when I am ready.
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »

One more thing
 NLG Welcome
thatsnotgood

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »

I am ready to change my game kit to a single payline game what new hardware will I need to make this change . Mostly I am curious about if it is possible to use the 9 line deck I have installed or if I would have to go to a 5 button deck to use a single line game in it? Also I have seen many kits that only come with the SB chip will the game still play with correct sounds ect or If i will also need a new SG/VS chip the ones I have now are sb101034, sg000363, and vs011gx1
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:27:05 PM by thatsnotgood » Logged
pampoovey

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:28:51 AM »

I am also looking to do the same thing with my machine and would like to know if I need any additional parts.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 05:43:25 AM »

Pls post pics of the machine you are converting FROM. It would make things s LOT easier for us.  yes

thatsnotgood

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »

Here is a close up photo of the button deck on mine what other photos would be most helpful.

* front plate igt.JPG (337.88 KB, 1600x847 - viewed 233 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »

I don't believe you can go to a single line game with your current setup. You would need to change the player panel from the 10 button you have to the 5 button deck the single line games use which would also necessetate changing the door wiring harness back to the motherboard and removing the bet per line display from the left side of reel glass. It's very doable, but it'll be kind of a pain in the butt and not something where you're going to easily switch back and forth between 9 line and single line games. Now if you were in a position to have and swap complete doors then it would make the swap quite a bit easier. Or if you were going to switch to single line and never go back it might be worth the time. As it is, you're probably looking at something under $100 and a few hours of your time to get what you're asking for
thatsnotgood

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 06:35:15 AM »

Thank you so much for the help now I can get the appropriate parts to make a conversion.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »

You can run single line games with the 10 button decks, but not all the buttons work.  I ran my game like that to test some things, I think the only button that works is the cash out, service and the max bet button.  You cannot "bet one" or do the spin reels button, but you can play it with the bet max button.  Since the bet one button does not work (it doesn't exist in the 10 button panel), you cannot use the handle to play either.  I takes me about 30 minutes to convert from a 10 button deck to a 5 button deck.  I just have the whole player panel pre-wired.  You do have to pretty much disassemble the door to get all the plugs and cables to fit neatly.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.