Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E-1236 Double Progressive machine WILL NOT go in to set up mode
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-1236 Double Progressive machine WILL NOT go in to set up mode  (Read 3956 times)
jerry304
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: January 29, 2014, 02:27:19 AM »

Hi All,
I'm still having a couple of issues with this game. When I turn on the machine, the win meter displays "6". It will stay this way for about 3 minutes or so then the reel solinoids will click, click, click for about 30 seconds then everything is normal and the machine plays fine until the next time I turn it on. This only happens when the machine is cold. Once warmed up, and turned off, it will start right up when turned back on. I have checked everything I can think of. Nothing I do will fix this. I swapped the power supply and I/O boards with working ones from another machine and the result is the same. I have not swapped MPU boards yet. I don't want to take a chance at screwing up a good working MPU.
Does anyone have a suggestion as far as what to check or replace to fix this?

Thanks, Jerry
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:45:49 PM by jerry304 » Logged
jerry304

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

Finally figured out the code 6. It was a bad main board. Exactly what, I don't know. I really didn't want to take a chance of messing up a good board, but I tried evey thing i could think of and nothing worked to fix the problem. Finally, I broke down and swapped the board, ram card and eproms with a good one from another machine and now it works. Of course the other machine now doesn't work.
Before I buy a new board, does anyone know what components on the main board I should check which would give a code 6?

Still have the issue with the progressive. I have tried a hundred times to get the game in to progressive programming mode, and it just won't do it. I can't imagine I'm doing it wrong. I remove the top glass, press the two buttons and go to test 8. When the progressive arrow lights light up, I release the two buttons and....nothing. I tried it with the door lock open and closed. The display just shows 82000. It never shows 82128 or anything else that it is supposed to. The progressive meters advance at a 10% rate and when I check the book keeping meters, code 30 and 31 come up and show the correct current meter values. I checked the buttons at the input test and they both show good.

Please help

Jerry
wingnut

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

Hiya. I had a similar problem on a 1000 e series. If the batt on the ram board is completely dead, a code 6 appears until the batt builds up a minimum amount of charge.
I had another batt that was just slightly better (1.6 volts) and worked fine after the change
The machine normally throws a code 6 when there is a ram board problem
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:56 AM »

As long as the board eventually gets past the error 6 code then the ram chips are probably ok.

Remove the ram board and take a small wire brush to the pins that the board mounts to. I normally do both sides of
both rows. Inspect the inside of the edge connectors, those can get corroded as well. You can clean them (somewhat)
by running a bare wire from the bottom up a couple of times on each pin.

Next flip the MPU board over and re-flow some fresh solder on those connecting pins.

I have and a few boards where this resolved the problem. Doesn't work every time but well worth the effort
to make sure
jerry304

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 03:04:37 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I swapped the MPU board and the new board is working perfectly. My big problem is still the progressive. I just can't get in to set up mode. All the suggestions that have been given don't work.  I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Jerry
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:16:33 AM »

Perhaps this documentation will help. I know it says E2000 but should be the same for an E1000 and maybe you have already
tried this procedure as well.

* Bally E2000 Progressive Programing-1.pdf (38.46 KB - downloaded 212 times.)
jerry304

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »

Hi,
I tried those procedures about 100 times. It just doesn't work on my machine. My progressive works, it just starts at zero and increases just like it should. I just can't get the meter to ever show anything other than 800000.
I've checked the buttons in the input test, they check ok.
Is there any special procedure for an E1000 machine which is different than an E2000?
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6260.0

Check this topic and see if it helps.

Also read somewhere about removing the 5101 IC's on the RAM board to reset the memory? As a way to fix the problem.

In this post is about removing the 5101"s and reinstalling them to do a memory reset.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4787.0
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:25:07 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »

Also read you need 5 PROMS to make the Progressive work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.