Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  S5500 Cash Box removal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S5500 Cash Box removal  (Read 3149 times)
Airboss
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 01, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »

New to slots. I have a a 1993 Bally S5500 with JCM DBV-145-SG bill validator. I cant figure out how to remove the cash box. The box is located on the right side of the machine. I unlock the door but the metal box will not release and slide out. Any assistance would be greatle appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:21:46 PM by Airboss » Logged
harp
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:31 PM »

take 2 old credit cards and slide in between the cash box and housing, don't insert the cards all the way just enough to push the lock lever in, you can then pull out the cash box

Harp
Neonkiss
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »

The box is held in place with a locking cam on each side. The manufacturer had a device that would release these locking cams and cover the cash can when extracted.
All you need it two credit cards or something stout like them. Slide each one along the right and left side of the cash box and it will release the cams from the cash box.
Then you can remove the cash box and get your credit cards back. Old reel strips work good for this also.
For home use I remove the cash can and bypass the switches. Then just let the bills fall into the empty side box.

Haaaa, Harp just beat me the reply...

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
harp
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »

applause I Agree Frosty Beer
Airboss
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »

Thank you all  applause!!    Back to playing
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.