Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:48:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  My new project
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new project  (Read 3448 times)
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: February 02, 2014, 03:41:33 AM »

Hello all,

Like all of y'all, always have to have a project going and here is my latest.  Learned a valuable lesson about buying machines from one of our local vendors here in TX, old stuff, high price, working till you get it home.  Anyway bought this IDOJ and it was i the tan case, older S2000 evidently and was sold a very cheap donor box hoping to salvage the backlit reel controller and harness out of.  Well, got the machine home and when I would shut the door it would blink off on the power, make a bad smell like something frying then come back on and work.  502 board with all the noisy static.  Figured I would someday update the proc and mb to a enhanced model but for now just wanted the backlit reels, so ordered some reels and got ready to move the controller board and harness over, well no studs in the old cabinet and no mounting plate to put the controller on so figured What the heck, the donor was missing some parts but the original had them so I would move them over one at a time until I got the game over into the nice black donor case because after all a S2000 is a S2000 right, WRONG!  I knew many parts were missing from the donor, power supply, on/off switch and harnesses that accompany each and the button deck.  So I proceed to move those things over, I notice some extra netplex plugs in the bottom box on the donor not plugged into anything and the harness going to the right side interconnect between the bottom and top boxes was not a simple set of wires on the old box, it connected to ports on the MB that already had plugs in them.  I called my quickly becoming best friend RB and we determined there was also a NETPLEX board and additional wiring harness missing from the bottom box, also the new enhanced board I had was missing a dsp chip, RB is sending me the NETPLEX board and DSP Chip but I'm on the hunt for the harness and possibly the (disappointed I don't know the name of it) but the display that goings along the bottom of the reel glass that does not use the controller card and also has the Multi denomination hardware in it.  Currently I'm just planning on making due with the controller that fits on the back of the door and a older display I had on hand.  I had also found myself a topper for the new project.  Here is a picture of my hopefully soon to be working baby.

* DSCN0146.JPG (682.26 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 335 times.)
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »

Well it was quiet the adventure, because of the differences in the versions of the machine I had to order a couple more parts, one of which was a entire new bottom cabinet harness.  I've never tried to swap something so intimidating.  I got the box of parts and when I started pulling out the wiring harness I thought I had discovered a new magic box, the more I pulled the more of it came out of the box.  I laid it out and just stared at it.  So finally I just started trying to make mental notes of where things connected and once I got the old one out, I started putting the new one in, it did not go without a couple of mistakes but finally I got it all back together, not without a bad door sensor module, fortunately I had a spare.  Added multi denomination, TITO and the topper.  Played the game with the backlit reels where they were all bright so did some swapping around with other reels I had and found one reel that had bad bulbs, so I removed all the bulbs except for the center bulbs and the reels started working as expected.  After putting it back together decided to install some of my new button LEDs, so that was really fun.  There is some fading around the pink outline on the reel glass so might have to hunt for a better one of those.  If you see anything else I could improve on please post.

* DSCN0150 copy.jpg (528.05 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 481 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:30:58 PM »

Nice looking machine Mike, good job Clap +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »

Looks really good Mike!  3CM and the topper!  Best of the best.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »

That's what it's all about Mike. Good job! You know what you saved versus buying a 3cm Jeannie machine outright. All of your Time and effort =$$$...

MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »

Thanks all, it would not have been possible were it not for the knowledge gained here, parts supplied by people here, support and encouragement from folks here!  This is a great resource for knowlege and friends.  Now what is. My next project until I can find the Double triple diamond deluxe with cheese Smiley

Mike
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 03:05:44 AM »

Just played a couple in Nevada yesterday....can't say it was "The Whopper" I was expecting.... no no The only "Whopping" done was on my bank roll...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:13:53 AM by CVslots » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.