Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Empty Member Profiles. No Information
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Empty Member Profiles. No Information  (Read 5396 times)
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« on: February 05, 2014, 06:23:48 PM »

I try to mind my P's and Q's on the site. Help those that can be helped. I bite my tongue when some of the no-it-all's say something stupid.  BUT, the fact that members won't take the 5 minutes it takes to fill out there profile, really bugs me. I'm starting to thing they have something to hide or they are just bone lazy. Am I nuts??

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »

Nope, you're not nuts....bugs me too. I often look to see where people are located, only to find nothing. Or, try and send an email to HELP a member, only to find they havent filled it out. If they are hiding from someone/something, then maybe they should try and fix that problem before trying to post here...

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »

I try to mind my P's and Q's on the site. Help those that can be helped. I bite my tongue when some of the no-it-all's say something stupid.  BUT, the fact that members won't take the 5 minutes it takes to fill out there profile, really bugs me. I'm starting to thing they have something to hide or they are just bone lazy. Am I nuts??

Oh  no we don't have any lazy members, not at all.  It's just that all that information that's required for their profile is just to tough for them. You have to have quite a memory to remember age, location and gender. I tired one time to tell them if the questions were to tough for them to use their drivers licence for a cheat sheet, but that didn't work either. It too was to tough for them !!

It's well understood if you live in a unfriendly State you don't really want to put your actual location, I think mine is listed as BFE and my balloon is in area 51 North of Las Vegas.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »

I try to mind my P's and Q's on the site. Help those that can be helped. I bite my tongue when some of the no-it-all's say something stupid.  BUT, the fact that members won't take the 5 minutes it takes to fill out there profile, really bugs me. I'm starting to thing they have something to hide or they are just bone lazy. Am I nuts??

It's well understood if you live in a unfriendly State you don't really want to put your actual location, I think mine is listed as BFE and my balloon is in area 51 North of Las Vegas.

muted muted muted muted

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:33:30 PM »

muted muted muted muted

Go ahead Roz, there's room for two shit heads on this forum  !!!!     Clap Clap Clap

CVslots

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »

muted muted muted muted

Go ahead Roz, there's room for two shit heads on this forum  !!!!     Clap Clap Clap

Oh no, I'll leave that to you...people take things WAY out of context too much on here. You're still #1 Shithead....how long you had that title anyway? Lets see, when were you born? I think that was the year you won the title!  rotflmao

scratchee35
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »

ok ok ok!!!  i know you all are talking about me!!!  ill check to see what is missing on my profile and ill fill it in!!!

you guys...and girls are great!!!

i really appreciate everyone's help on this site

Steve
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 02:08:35 AM »

What's the big deal? Unless you have a good reason to know where someone lives, how old they are or what their email is why is that info important? Beyond them maybe asking a question in a topic that would make their location a relevant need it's really no ones business and doesn't affect their ability to participate. Age for one is completely irrelevant and with PM's, email is also.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:38:41 AM by cowboygames » Logged
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34:32 AM »

If we're not doing business or you're not a buddy of mine, you don't need to know.  Smiley

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:38 AM »

If we're not doing business or you're not a buddy of mine, you don't need to know.  Smiley

Thanks,
Jason

I guess that's all true, I suppose if Joey had never divulged his location, him and I would have never became friends. Or how about when Stat Freak and I discovered we lived about 20 miles apart,  Lets not forget Ashron, when he became a member is listed his location, two stop signs and one stop light between his house and mine. But  wtf1 none of these three and I were doing any business together nor were we on each others Buddy list.

I suppose it's OK for a fellow to walk down the street wearing a mask but I don't think I would want to have anything to do with him. On the other hand if he had no mask I might invite him to a cup of coffee.

Jason  whf are you talking about, your profile is filled out !!

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:34:07 AM »

Thanks,
Jason

I guess that's all true, I suppose if Joey had never divulged his location, him and I would have never became friends. Or how about when Stat Freak and I discovered we lived about 20 miles apart,  Lets not forget Ashron, when he became a member is listed his location, two stop signs and one stop light between his house and mine. But  wtf1 none of these three and I were doing any business together nor were we on each others Buddy list.

I suppose it's OK for a fellow to walk down the street wearing a mask but I don't think I would want to have anything to do with him. On the other hand if he had no mask I might invite him to a cup of coffee.

Jason  whf are you talking about, your profile is filled out !!

The profile is filled out, except for location.  Quite honestly, the buddy list is a forum toy, but the "true" buddy list is in PM, email, or phone.  What's wrong with wearing a mask Buzz?  I have to when I'm wrestling in a steel cage match!

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »

What's wrong with wearing a mask Buzz?  I have to when I'm wrestling in a steel cage match!

Jason
[/quote]
I don't blame you, if I was that UGLY  I also would  wear a mask.

lizzo54
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 27

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »

I agree that the right thing to do would be to spend a few minutes to add something to your profile if you are going to take advantage of this great site.  I can understand Buzz's point about location and non friendly sites so that part doesn't bother me.   Buzz we are probably 20 minutes away from each other. 

What does bother me is when someone posts for help on an issue, gets a bunch of responses regarding the issue then disappears with no follow up or thank you to those who helped out. 

Lenny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.