Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Displaying a message on Display
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Displaying a message on Display  (Read 4657 times)
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: February 07, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »

I got over the hurdle of sending programming changes to the controller, but now I want to see a message on the display.  The only thing displayed is the Jackpot.  I am using psp v2.0, from the menu old selection not con1 or con2.

Thanks
Gary
bruno
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »

Hi Gary,
Assuming you have a CHAM II+ (Standalone), the only way to get a text message is using the JPOT.DO file on PSP.
PSP 2.0 Manual page 27 (8.2 Message programming data fields)
If you want the message scrolling + the jackpot amount you must insert jackpot token (#8) in the file.
The best way is to make a long JPOT.DO file.
See this post & video by knagl : http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=13161.msg113281#msg113281
 wave
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:23:33 AM by bruno » Logged
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:43:35 AM »

Gary,
In order to see a message on the display you must first make sure the ChamII is set with MFILE1 =0 or you will not get messages to display.
That being said you will place the message you want in the JPOT.DO file.
In the psp go to message programming and open the JPOT.DO (press #5)
You will see some wierd symbols, it will contain a spade symbol and an 8 along with some other stuff. That is the command to display the current jackpot value. What you want to do is add to this with your message. Put the curser after the jackpot command and start a new paragraph by pressing F1, if you want the message to scroll then press F3, next if you want the message to dance press ShiftF3, now type the text you want to see. You can add more paragraphs and change colors etc. I suggest you start simple.
Press F10 to exit out of the JPOT.DO. From there send to the Cham2. Note My cham2's do not like to accept this command. I have found that you must reboot the cham2 and as soon as it finishes it's self test press the F1 key on the PSP. Sometimes the message will not show up until you reboot the cham2 again.
Hope this helps let us know
Rich
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:17:03 AM by qbert » Logged
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:33:36 AM »

Press F10 to exit out of the JPOT.DO. From there send to the Cham2. Note My cham2's do not like to accept this command. I have found that you must reboot the cham2 and as soon as it finishes it's self test press the F1 key on the PSP. Sometimes the message will not show up until you reboot the cham2 again.
Hope this helps let us know
Rich
This is a good point. Many times sending a JPOT.DO message will not work unless right after a reboot. So just always send right after the reboot completes the startup!

+1 (Karma, or whatever) to gbert
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »

Thanks Uni,
 I think foster told me that a while back, that guy is a wizard.
This can be really frustrating especially if your new at using the PSP software.
I understand the PSP3.0 may fix the issue but I have not tried it.

Rich (Qbert )
bruno
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »

That's right, you must be patient and tenacious.
Sometimes you have to reboot and reboot and reboot again...
It's the great mystery of the Mikohn stuff !
gposing

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »

Qbert thanks for the instructions.  I'm out of town but will try it first thing Sunday when I get home.   
gposing

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Got the sign up and running now.  Now I need to decide if I want to take on the challenge of programming the progressive side of it.

Gary
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.