Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Error description
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Error description  (Read 5231 times)
farmer9
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

Any idea how i can get info on what the various "error" messages mean and how to fix/repair them? I have the Williams Top Cat Slot and occasionally get error messages. I just keep fiddling with everything until it starts working again, but there must be an easier way? Thanks
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »

look here and see if your machine is in this list

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=26
farmer9

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »

Wow, i really feel stupid.........i just looked for my model #, etc, and pasted on the inside of the door is a sheet showing the error codes.......thanks for your help.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »

Good info !
rokgpsman

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »

The error code sheet on the inside of the door shows some of the popular error codes but not all of them. You can easily download the entire manual for your Williams model 400 machine here, it contains lots of good info including all of the error messages, how to use the built-in diagnostics for testing things, how to change settings for your own preferences, and a complete parts listing with part numbers.

Just click on this link:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=943

Did you get your machine working again (power supply problem)?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:20:02 PM by rokgpsman » Logged
farmer9

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »

The error code sheet on the inside of the door shows some of the popular error codes but not all of them. You can easily download the entire manual for your Williams model 400 machine here, it contains lots of good info including all of the error messages, how to use the built-in diagnostics for testing things, how to change settings for your own preferences, and a complete parts listing with part numbers.

Just click on this link:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=943

Did you get your machine working again (power supply problem)?

Not yet.......i have a power supply coming. Sure hope that does it. With all the many electrical thig-a-ma-gigs in there, Id hate to start replacing each one till i found the problem..
thx for all the help on this forum..
regards
farmer9
rokgpsman

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 05:14:37 PM »

Not yet.......i have a power supply coming. Sure hope that does it. With all the many electrical thig-a-ma-gigs in there, Id hate to start replacing each one till i found the problem..
regards
farmer9

It should take care of the problem, it's a condition that is seen fairly often, but like all repairs you won't know for sure until you change it out and see if it operates correctly. When you do the power supply replacement be sure to make notes about where each cable plugs in, or take some pictures with your camera so you can look at them on the computer screen in case you can't remember where all the connectors go. Some people take a Sharpie (magic marker) and write a number on each connector, then write the same number on the plug it goes into. There's lots of friendly and experienced people here so don't be shy about asking for help or clarification on anything.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:20:27 PM by rokgpsman » Logged
farmer9

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »

regards
farmer9

It should take care of the problem, it's a condition that is seen fairly often, but like all repairs you won't know for sure until you change it out and see if it operates correctly. When you do the power supply replacement be sure to make notes about where each cable plugs in, or take some pictures with your camera so you can look at them on the computer screen in case you can't remember where all the connectors go. Some people take a Sharpie (magic marker) and write a number on each connector, then write the same number on the plug it goes into. There's lots of friendly and experienced people here so don't be shy about asking for help or clarification on anything.

Great! I have the manual download link saved in case i need it. Only problem i will have is if the new power supply doesnt work, i have no diagnostic tools to start trouble shooting. Gonna keep my fingers crossed that the new power supply is the solution.
regards
farmer9
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.