Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 will not read clear chip!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 will not read clear chip!  (Read 3185 times)
CRez
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 07, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »

I am working with a 3x4x5x (single line / .25/.50/ denomination) machine

The machine itself plays just fine except for one major problem… It doesn’t understand its own game. The reels do not match the payout.

I have tried to clear it, however this machine WILL NOT read my clear chip no matter what I try. (2005 Manufacture date)

The clear chip I am using works fine on all my other S2000 machines including one with an identical board layout and manufacture date.

Any advice or idea what could be causing this?
CRez

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »

When I put the clear chip in, it only illuminates 1 amber light rather than the normal 2.
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

Are you running the enhanced or the normal MPU board.  If enhanced only 1 amber light will come on when working normally.  Also check that the EEPROM is fully in the backplane correctly.
CRez

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 04:25:46 PM »

I finally got it to take the clear chip, however now when I get to the step involving the Key Chip, it is saying Displays NetPlex link is down.

None of my other machines have this many issue when clearing, just this one.

CRez

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »

ok, its back to not reading the clear chip again. The two amber lights are alternating and the display reads “ Displays NETPLEX link down”
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:47 AM »

It is normal when doing a clear and key chip procefure for the display to show "Displays Netplex is down"
The key chip is just a key.
You have to re-install the base chip and power on the machine leaving the door open then the key menu will be enabled and come up first.
Also no credits or key chip will fail.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.