Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:20:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double Jackpot Haywire Music
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Jackpot Haywire Music  (Read 15315 times)
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« on: April 25, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »

OK, So I have a 3cm Double Jackpot Haywire. I've had it for a few years now. Last night when I was playing
out of the blue, instead of playing the normal reel music, it played a "new" song...

"dun, dun, dun....datta, datta dun, dun dun.....datta, datta dun, dun, dun,...datta, datta, dun"

In all the time I've had this game, I've never heard it do that before. I told my wife and she said that she had
heard it do that before. This was on regular reel spin, not haywire mode.

SO....What's the story with this one?....Why?....Why so rarely?....Is it possible to set this as default?

I believe I have SP1274 and SS4265 installed.

PS: Excuse my endeavor at a verbalized musical rendition!...No sheet music program!  Duh! ......as if I would even know what to do with one! Duh! arrow

Thank God for Friends!!!
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

I have a haywire deluxe and haven't heard that.  I'll be on the look out though.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 01:35:55 AM »

I was running a test with those 2 chips one day...
I must of ran a few thousand credits through it on Auto-Play Max Bet.
Twice, that weird tune played...when I'm testing, I usually don't look up at the game unless a jackpot hits or something weird catches my attention...that weird music did..lol
It does NOT play often really, and it's a totally different tune.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »

Okay, guys. someone needs to get a recording of the music and post it. stir the pot / get cooking

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 03:20:34 AM »

Need a reel to reel tape recorder recording in super slow speed  for about 3 or 4 days to catch it...lol
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 03:28:15 AM »

Need a reel to reel tape recorder recording in super slow speed  for about 3 or 4 days to catch it...lol

No you don't. Use either a digital sound sampler (start a digital recording on your laptop with a microphone pointed at the slot), or a camcorder (digital preferred, but not necessary). In either case, reset the device as necessary and edit the results. Use your auto bet program. stir the pot / get cooking

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »

Is it one of the "standard" tunes (like the selectable tunes from a respin game)?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »

Do the IGT machines have sound output tests?
My Uni's have that. These tests will play each sound available. If you have it then scroll through the sounds until you here it and then repeat and record it.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

Do the IGT machines have sound output tests?
My Uni's have that. These tests will play each sound available. If you have it then scroll through the sounds until you here it and then repeat and record it.

You can test all the sounds on an S2000 (at least with an MMLB2 card, you can), but on the S+ and Vision, only non game-specific sounds (coin in, etc.) can be tested. The Vision doesn't seem to have a test menu to access the bonus game sounds, and the S+ can only test the game-specific sounds if they are user-selectable. (all this is as far as I know, but I'm no expert!)

Thanks,
Bill
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »

Apologies for the crappy cell phone video, but the audio is the important part here.  Using one of the test screens on my PE+ I was able to play all of the built-in "music" on the PE+ board, which I believe is the exact same sound chip as used on the S+ boards (these "music" selections are the same as the respin music options for my Coral Reef S+ game).  While the S+ is capable of creating other sound effects (think the "haywire" sound when the reels are respinning), I don't think there are any other built in "tunes" on the sound chip.  Jim (Stolistic) could confirm or deny that for sure, as he's dug into the chips on the board.

Anyhoo, TJ or Mark, are any of these tunes the one you heard?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a></a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:07 PM »

Nope... no

I'll run a test tomorrow with some kind of recorder...
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »

What triggers the sound?

Random?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »

Only a certain "Haywire" makes it go off...I never noticed which (set of symbols) win though...
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »

Apologies for the crappy cell phone video, but the audio is the important part here.  Using one of the test screens on my PE+ I was able to play all of the built-in "music" on the PE+ board, which I believe is the exact same sound chip as used on the S+ boards (these "music" selections are the same as the respin music options for my Coral Reef S+ game).  While the S+ is capable of creating other sound effects (think the "haywire" sound when the reels are respinning), I don't think there are any other built in "tunes" on the sound chip.  Jim (Stolistic) could confirm or deny that for sure, as he's dug into the chips on the board.

Anyhoo, TJ or Mark, are any of these tunes the one you heard?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a></a>

Kudos Kevin for making that file. applause applause   However, I only heard four of the seven tunes. Were you able to record the others?

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 11:39:19 PM »

I guess I didn't know there were more?  Those are the only four on the PE+, and the only four I remember from my Coral Reef game.

I guess I could dust off my Coral Reef chips and put them into my new S+ and create another video...

tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:30 AM »

Kevin....MUCHOS GRACIAS for posting the Sound Files! applause
BUT, sadly, NONE of those were the song I heard.

Unlike what SOB said, It was NOT during a "Haywire Action" rather it was during normal reel spin.
I was just playing away on the DJ Haywire and a Triple Cherry. Both playing normal reel music when
out of the blue on one spin the DJH played a completely different tune. I NEVER heard it before in
all the years I've owned & played...in fact I haven't heard that tune on ANY on my game themes.
My wife, however, said she had heard the DJH play that tune before. All I know is it REALLY caught
my attention. It's too bad that it happens so infrequently. Top Jackpot has been hit on that game
several times yet haven't heard this tune...odds must be much greater to hit the big TUNE! arrow bust gut laughing

Thank God for Friends!!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »

Hmm,
You may be right, because I don't really remember if the strange music played during a normal or haywire spin...
All I know, is that it hardly ever happens...it will be a challenge to see if I can actually catch it on tape.
Testing will begin Monday morning at 10 am EST. Tongue Out
tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 03:13:53 AM »

Good Luck! arrow

Thank God for Friends!!!
StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 03:30:42 AM »

Hmm,
You may be right, because I don't really remember if the strange music played during a normal or haywire spin...
All I know, is that it hardly ever happens...it will be a challenge to see if I can actually catch it on tape.

Thanks SB  Hail Hail Hail

I guess I didn't know there were more?  Those are the only four on the PE+, and the only four I remember from my Coral Reef game.

I guess I could dust off my Coral Reef chips and put them into my new S+ and create another video...

I don't have any way to record right now, or I'd do it, so thank you as well.  applause applause

K x 2

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »

FYI if you never heard the music on an S+ see the following; (song selections can only be used in type 5 and a few others.)

1. Push the white test button 6 times (Sound Test, Coin Played shows 6 and Winner Payed shows 50).
2. Press Spin Button to play.
3. Press Change button to select sound (7 sounds).

Ron
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:42:10 AM by r273 » Logged
JRR4
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »

My haywire deluxe did the exact same think on a haywire once.  It was one of the seven selectable tunes but I dont remember which.  I had recently swapped out from a coral reef game so I was thinking that tune was just still in memory.  Perhaps it is part of the haywire programming though.  You're not crazy.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »

I know...when you hear it you go...."Hmm,...I wish I could change it so it plays that tune more often" Tongue Out
Still haven't hit it yet...Still testing and I've played 7,800 pulls today so far....I'm telling ya...it's very rare...!
doublediamonddlx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 158

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »

Any luck on the mystery song????

Only the dry heat of Vegas can cure the 3 day flu!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »

no,
An amazing 12,400 pulls+ and re winded the video tape so many times I lost count....
I'll try tomorrow for the last time...argh!!! lol

Correction>>> 7,658 pulls...I was looking at a different sheet from another time...sorry

I only ran the machine while I was in the same room so I could hear the music but nothing caught my ears today.
Numerous times I had to check and see if the video tape ran out or not...the worse thing that can happen is that the music could play and the freaking video is at it's end....lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:30:13 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 02:11:52 AM »

I tried Ron's idea but no luck. Can only test sounds/tones not songs.  Duh!

SOB is our only hope!......."Help me SOB-Wan Kenobee....you're my only hope"   arrow

Thank God for Friends!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.