Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Probably a question for Yoeddy, but ...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Probably a question for Yoeddy, but ...  (Read 6040 times)
DoubleZero
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

WTB: Mummy short reel glass.

« on: February 20, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »

What's the best way to store unused reel strips from game kits I intend to swap out from time to time? Since I expect the swap-out frequency to be once or twice a year, I'm thinking about buying extra reel assemblies and swapping out entire reels (instead of just the strips) at game-change time.

Is that a no-brainer or overkill? Curious as to what the "in-crowd" thinks. Yoeddy, what do you do?  Scratch Head
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

if you have room storing them on the reels is the way I would go. 
Bob

RB
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 78

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

I agree. I like to install them one time & leave them alone. If you must remove them, try using frosting containers. They are perfect size & keep them dust free until ready for use. Also good for damage free shipping.

* strips.JPG (170.19 KB, 640x480 - viewed 395 times.)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:55 PM »

I store my strips in the pre-mixed cake frosting plastic containers with the lids  propeller propeller

I Agree Sorry ....RB beat me to the punch
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »

Indeed, if you are storing them, another vote for the frosting containers.  I hate to admit, but all my favorite kits have the reel strips installed on the baskets.  Makes game swaps that much faster.  Yes, I admit, I have bought over 30 sets of reels over the years.  I just love the convenience.
DoubleZero

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:01:37 AM »

Indeed, if you are storing them, another vote for the frosting containers.  I hate to admit, but all my favorite kits have the reel strips installed on the baskets.  Makes game swaps that much faster.  Yes, I admit, I have bought over 30 sets of reels over the years.  I just love the convenience.

Yeah, I saw the other thread about the frosting containers – seems like a good solution for long-term storage. But since I anticipate wanting the "quick swaps" you mentioned, I thought designated baskets made sense. I was just worried that four or five sets of reels sitting around might be a bit crazy. Nice to know crazy can always be outdone!  yes
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »

" Reel Strips " "Storage"  Screw that, just buy more machines !!!!!!!!!!  Reel strip storage problem solved.

I just gotta ask, which flavor frosting cans make the best storage containers ??????????????????

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
DoubleZero

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:54:17 AM »

" Reel Strips " "Storage"  Screw that, just buy more machines !!!!!!!!!!  Reel strip storage problem solved.

I like your style, Buzz!

I just gotta ask, which flavor frosting cans make the best storage containers ??????????????????

And I was wondering the same thing! I'll guess Wild Cherry?!  rotflmao
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 02:26:58 AM »

Devils Food would be the answer....if you ask the anti-gambling crowd... rotflmao

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 02:49:40 AM »

I just fold mine up and put nice sharp creases in them.  Wink

My favorites are installed on reels...7 or 8 sets maybe.  The rest are all rolled up together in a 1/2 gallon ice cream tub.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 04:40:50 AM »

Jason That's what I said, mine are all on reels. You and I just differ on the  reel storage location.   Oh and my favorite machine is the one that found a different home.

I think if I had a set of strips I was trying to protect, cut about 4 inch's off of a old sock and put the strips in it. It's optional if you wash the socks first.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 08:11:04 AM »

I tried the frosting container thing, but I could never cram the strips in with all that frosting in there.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.