Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E1000 error????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E1000 error????  (Read 7472 times)
motogizmo
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:36 AM »

On first powering up it flashes _ _ _ _ 2_ for one second. Then error code 0_8._0_ is lit.  Then the coin lock out solenoid is powered.  I look in the book and I don't see anything like even close to this. The buzzer goes off about once every 5 minutes for 3 seconds as if has an open door alarm even if I close and lock the door. I have verified the door switches. I can get the machine to go into test modes.  It shows some lighting issues, but the manual tests don't follow the book very well. The hopper test works just fine. Any ideas.... Please!
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »

Off hand I would say that you have some lousy ram chips, the error code 2 is an indication of a mode 1 (Safe Ram) failure so
I would think some bad bits in the ram.

Try swapping ram chip 1 and 2 around and see if that changes the start up at all.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »

Wait a second, I miss read your initial error code, you had _ _ _ _2_ and I thought I saw _ _ _ _ _2 so now I am thinking that it is not
ram but possibly either U7 or U8, the buffer chips. I say this because you state that the bell goes off and you have lighting issues.

The 2 IC's are buffer chips (8T28) that buffer the signals going to the IO card. It still does not hurt to swap ram chips but also
try disconnecting the IO board and see if you get your 50 000 code back.

One thing that I have been finding a lot of lately is corroded pins on the IO card as well as on the pins for the ram boards.
cleaning these with a wire brush has done wonders for some of the problems that I have seen
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:01:55 AM »

Here is the error codes.
Maybe this will help.

* Bally Codes.jpg (895.03 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 438 times.)

One step at a time.
motogizmo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:28:05 AM »

Swapping ram ships made not change.  Unplugging the IO board produced the 50_000 error.  Any help?
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:10:10 AM »

Swapping ram ships made not change.  Unplugging the IO board produced the 50_000 error.  Any help?

the 50 000 code is the normal code when the door is opened, after a coin is inserted and the handle is pulled
then the error should clear. Obviously this will not happen with the IO card disconnected

So now we know that the problem is either on the IO card or the buffer chips. Sometimes all you need to do
is to re-flow the solder on the IC sockets for U7 and U8, sometimes you have to replace one or both of the
chips. My best guess at the moment though is that the IO card is what is causing your problems. Have you
taken a wire brush to the pins for the cables? If you have done that then there is likely a bad IC chip on the
board itself.

At this point all you can do is to swap the board or attempt some troubleshooting. I am set up to test and
repair these or you may be able to get one from another member that lives up near you (North Seattle)
I sent him an email to see if he is open to this and if so I will hook the tow of you up.

If you want me to look at it, my preference is to have you send the MPU board and the IO board. I do not
charge for testing except for return shipping and would contact you before anything was done.

motogizmo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 04:22:39 AM »

Wow that would be great.  I will take a good look at it, clean up the pins, and if that fixes it great. If not I will have you take a shot at it.  Thank you so much!
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 04:30:20 AM »

Wow that would be great.  I will take a good look at it, clean up the pins, and if that fixes it great. If not I will have you take a shot at it.  Thank you so much!

I'm hoping that cleaning those contacts will fix your problem, then you can be happy. But if that is not the case then
we shall take a look.
motogizmo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 05:31:23 AM »

Cleaning the contacts made no change.  I found some green nasty ones under ram chip 4.  I cleaned them up for no change.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 05:34:11 AM »

OK so your options are to either send it in or the guy in North Seattle said that he will sell you one of his boards. I know these
are good because I just fixed them. He will likely want an exchange. Or you can send your boards down to me and I will check
them out for you.
motogizmo

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »

IO board, MPU board, Ram board? Or all of the above?
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 05:46:13 AM »

IO board, MPU board, Ram board? Or all of the above?
If you are sending them to me, then all of the above, that way I can test the IO board and the MPU board individually
and then as a set.. Like I said, no charge for testing them but I do like to be sure that they work when they leave.

motogizmo

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:16 AM »

IM me the address and I send them to you in the morning. And thank you.  My wife really wants this machine to work.
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »

motogizmo, here's my 2 cents worth, send both boards and maybe even the power supply to dhellis.  He'll check them all out as a sets.  Doesn't cost anymore to send it all at once.  I've used dhellis several times and he's the man.

motogizmo

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »

I will send the boards down and have dhellis take a look at them for sure.  I just need to get him to email me his address, and these boards will hit the road.  This is a kind a generous offer for sure.

I had ordered a "tested and working" MPU and ram board from Fox slots.  It showed up damaged in the mail. I am starting to get a small stash of spare parts for this game.
motogizmo

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »

So got all my boards and real reader back from Dan (dhellis).  The machine works!  For the first time you can put quarters in and the reels go around.  Dan is a wizard with these old slots.  I wish I had hooked up with him much earlier. in the project. 

The PROM board had bad chips on it.  The OI board almost all the buffer chips were bad.  The power supply had no (intermittent)  5 volts on it.  The reel readers had bad photo transistors on them. I would never have gotten this fixed on my own.  There are a few little bugs left to work out, but this is a going to be a great little machine for home use.

Dan was great to help me though finding what needed to be fixed.  His price was very good.  His customer service is some of the best I have experienced recently.  I am very impressed. If you are having any issues with your old slot drop him and IM.

Thanks Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.