Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Arm stuck on my slot machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arm stuck on my slot machine  (Read 7164 times)
number1duckfan
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 21, 2014, 05:02:40 AM »

Hi All,

I have a $1 Midas Touch, the arm is stuck has been that way yrs since I have owned it, I looked and it looks like all the wires are plugged in.
can anyone give me some advise?

Thanks
John
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »

I would check to see if there is a mass of melted orange glop stopping the arm from moving. The orange flexible stop material melts over time. Also check the solenoid on the arm to see if a lead wire has come off.

Frank A
Oscar Pompa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:00:42 PM »

MMmm i was thinking your arm was stuck in the slot machine !! Cry Laughing

LOL i was curious how that happens !!   bust gut laughing
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »

Melted orange glob???
Not a solenoid problem IF arm is stuck down. Common with Uni's. Solenoid could be problem if arm is stuck in upright position.

Read this post; http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5712.0
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »

How to troubleshoot a non-working handle that is locked in the upright position.
With the machine on, open the door and press the red service switch. (this simulates a coin in)
The handle solenoid should pull in and click. (Unless it already was pulled in)
Try to pull the handle.
If it doesn't pull, locate the handle solenoid just right of the third reel on top of the handle mech. Follow the two gray wires from the solenoid to the white connector. There should be an orange and orange/black wire coming to this connector. Test the orange and orange/black wire for 24v AC. If there is 24v AC than it's a bad solenoid.
If no 24v AC, now it gets interesting! Looking again at the handle solenoid take note on what color optic is mounted above it. Either gray or black. Gray is most common. I think the black came later. So now move to the mpu board. Games with machine chips 8933 and I believe anything higher, as there is no documentation that I've found for these chips, require dip switch #7 on the daughter board to be set ON for black handle optics and OFF for gray handle optics.
If the machine chip is 8933 or higher and dip #7 is set properly, then it's time to open up the power supply. Check the molex connector going from the power supply to the tower board. These take a lot of heat damage and often fall apart. Repair connector if needed and try again.
Hope this helps!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.