Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  5500 pro accepts no coins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5500 pro accepts no coins  (Read 3146 times)
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: February 21, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »

The coin comparitor no more accepts coins. With the door open i read 24 vdc on pins 4 and 6. With the door closed there is only 0,6vdc left. The coin comparitor led light does not come on. I blocked the rake and the coins went to the hopper - no error code but no credit.

... only those who grow up and remain children are human
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

I think the red light is only on with the door closed.  It's a little difficult to do but you can open belly door and the let just the coin comparator hang free.  Then hold the belly door button shut and you can see if light is on.  If it is you may just have a bad coin comparato.

Does the machine accept bills?  If it doesn't you may have other problems.

Bob

Mirage_Chaser
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »

Or it could just have max credits bet already. Maybe just hit spin with the door closed?

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »

I believe the 5500 uses a drop optic decoder located just below the comparitor...there should be a little test button...Push it and if you do not get a credit, you might have a bad coin optic board...If you do get a credit, take it apart and clean the optic path...
Jimmy
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:07:52 PM »

thanks for replying to my question
I opened the belly door - no red light on, only .6vdc to the comparitor. I'm sure this machine has no belly door button. Yes, the machine accepts bills, also the pseudo coin button on coin optics board is working. Does the cc get the power from that coin optics board?
Fred

... only those who grow up and remain children are human
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »

It goes though the optic board...You can download the manual in the NLG File systems "Downloads"...You can get a 24vac (if that is what your coin comparitor is ) and try it manually and see if it is working...
Jimmy
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

is the coin comp. switch turned on??  it is located next to the pseduo button .

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.