Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Continuing bill acceptor issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Continuing bill acceptor issue  (Read 1793 times)
Endslots
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 22, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »

I posted a previous topic about an issue I was having with a machine.
A fellow forum member had emailed me a manual to help me out but I still seem to be stuck.

Original issue was that my machine would dispense coins when bills inserted as opposed to giving credits.
As a foolish beginner, I was flipping through the test settings without any clue.  (bad idea)

Anyways, for some reason, the bill acceptor seems to be offline. No lights, no operation.
When in test mode 3d, it seems to light up and recognize bills fine....but when the door is closed, no lights, not working.
Quarters seem to work fine, and all other functions seem normal.
I went thru the manual to see if there is a setting to turn the bill acceptor on/off.
No luck and I don't want to make a bad  situation worse.

Thank you so much "bruno" for sending me the info, but unfortunately I can't seem to bring the bill validator back on line.
NO switches or wiring was tampered with....obviously I had changed or reset something that has cancelled out the bill acceptor.

As stated, in test mode 3d, the validator seems to work.

Any ideas?

* bonus.JPG (1082.21 KB, 1632x838 - viewed 288 times.)
Endslots
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:32 AM »

Thank you all who have taken the time to read my post.
Sadly, I havent gotten any further with a solution.
I have read through the manual that a fellow forum member has sent me but am still no closer to a solution.

Going through the settings and the test modes a dozen times and still am stumped.
The validator seems to work fine in test mode, seems to wind up when the machine is powered up and down, but no green or red lights or anything once the machine is on.
I am so lost and frustrated.

I triple checked it through test mode 3d which seems to work fine so I would have to assume there is no physical issue with the bill validator.
Just am clueless to what I need to do to make it work again.

I have never changed any dip switches or tampered with the wiring.
I would have to assume it is something simple.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I have to reboot this thing somehow?
ARRGHH!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.