Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Kortek K1982 - Bad touch screen?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kortek K1982 - Bad touch screen?  (Read 4427 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« on: February 23, 2014, 03:02:08 AM »

Hi guys,

Have a KT1982 we are fighting with. Not sure if it is touchscreen that is the problem or the monitor itself.

After calibration, touchscreen is unresponsive/not accurate in the MIDDLE/CENTER of the screen, but accurate along the edges. Overall color of the monitor is lacking RED, other than that, it's clear and decent (not great, but it'll do). Played around with the adjustments below the monitor a tad (color, brightness etc)! But really didnt gain much ground. Main problem is the touchscreen does not register correctly if touched in middle/center (9"x9"??) portion of screen?

Be easy on me...you KNOW I HATE monitors in general,....(well, HATE may be too strong a word, truth is, I am SCARED TO DEATH of them, lol).

Roz

CVslots

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:43:57 AM »

Help

CVslots

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »

Never mind....thanks to all that chimed in...NOT...

proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

I would have helped but I don't
know anything about touch screens.

Sorry.

One step at a time.
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:58 PM »

Oh, I know! Seems our knowledge base here on monitors a
is just not as advanced as other areas. Thank you anyway!

idylewild1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »

The lack of a specific color is usually the neck board. The touchscreen is a standalone system and is not connected to the monitor in any form. The touchscreen system consists of a touchscreen which is mounted in front of the crt or lcd, the touchscreen is connected to the touchscreen controller and the controller is connected to the cpu via the video cable and the backplane. The problem you are having is usually a bad controller board. Let me know if you need more info or help. Thanks

CVslots

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »

Thanks idylewild! We swapped the controller board...no luck...ended up just swapping the touchscreen for another one and Voila! Touchscreen issue fixed. There may be a tad bit of adjusting to do, but overall it's 95% fixed.

Just for the record, and mabpybe to excuse my attitude, I HATE MONITORS!!! I am SCARED to death of them, and really just need to dive head first and learn about them. When ones "bad", I don't know the first thing to do if it weren't for notes I've taken...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.