Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Free KFC Chicken Meal - Very Limited Time
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free KFC Chicken Meal - Very Limited Time  (Read 25517 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:52 PM »

Their site is completely bogged down right now (I can't even get to the coupon page), but until 10:00p Central time Wednesday night, KFC is offering a free 2-piece meal of their new grilled chicken, including two sides and a biscuit.  You need to print a coupon by tomorrow night, and the coupon is valid through May 19th.

http://www.unthinkfc.com/

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:09:52 PM »

Thanks knagl. I've been trying to print it, but I think that they've chickened out. knockout turkey

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:20:23 AM »

Thanks knagl!  applause
Sadly, I have no KFC here!  no

Thank God for Friends!!!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:09:08 AM »

Worked for me!!! turkey turkey

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:13:23 AM »

Worked for me!!! turkey turkey

I got it later today. It looks like there are no individually identifying marks on the coupons, so the malarkey about only being able to "download" four coupons is BS. If you save the pdf you can print as many as you want.

Just to confirm, the bs encrypted barcode number on the coupon is  0012 3456 7890 1234, and the number that "looks" like a serial number, but which is really just the code that the clerk enters into the register, is 050409 014

If anyone else got different numbers, let us know. I used one this evening and they had no issues with it.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »

050509 013 on both the coupons I printed.

Thanks,
Bill
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »

All my barcodes are different
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:11:04 AM »

As are mine.

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:42 AM »

All my barcodes are different
As are mine.

Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

I thought that the 012345... was odd, so I closed and reopened the browser and re-navigated to the page and re-downloaded the file. I also tried opening it in a new tab. I got the same thing every time. Scratch Head Scratch Head

BTW, I also couldn't access the site using Firefox. It claims to accept Firefox browsers, but I kept getting a page that stated that I was using an incompatible browser. I tried enabling third party cookies (which I keep turned off) and made sure that javascript was enabled (but not Java -- security risk). I ended up using ie.

StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »

Okay, I just went back to the link using Firefox again (it's late at night), and this time it let me in and behaved completely differently than it did in ie this afternoon. This time I got what both of you probably got: a link to download a program that prints the coupon. This afternoon, it took me to a page that looked very similar, but which instructed me to right click and download a pdf file which contained the coupon. Needless to say, that download has the bogus bar code of 012345678901234, but they took it tonight.

If they take the pdf version with the bogus serial number then I'm going to keep using them until they tell me otherwise. After all, I followed the instructions on the web page and did what they told me to do!

Another thing: Once one opens the link that you provided, there is a link to "Print Coupon Now". This time the link on the first page went directly to their own page to download the program that prints the coupon. This afternoon, the SAME LINK on the first page took me to the Oprah Winfrey site, which had a link that took me to their pdf page.  Duh! loser   I just went back to the Oprah site and they have replaced the pdf link with a link that goes to the coupon program download page. So this must have been an error that they have corrected, but since potentially thousands or tens of thousands of people must have gotten this pdf, they may have to honor it.

Here is a copy of the file if anyone wants it.

REMOVED COPY OF COUPON SEE POST ,,,,,
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:42:44 PM by Joeylc » Logged

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:34 AM »

The 0123456789 coupons have to be valid.  As a work-around since the KFC site couldn't handle the traffic, at some point on Tuesday they posted a .pdf on the Oprah site of the coupon with that barcode, and as SF said I'm sure thousands of people saved/printed that version.  I, too, was re-directed to the Oprah site on Tuesday afternoon to print that .pdf coupon (rather than the generated coupon with the different barcode numbers).

They shot themselves in the foot in being able to enforce the limit of 4 per person by doing that, but I guess their choice was to do that or have thousands of angry people who had a carrot dangled in front of them who then couldn't get the promised carrot.  Enjoy your chicken!   turkey

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:40 AM »

I printed a dozen..  Wink

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »

yummy  I love FREE chicken.... Tongue Out
kenokarz
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »

im am going to lunch there today will let everyone know how it goes  waving flag
kenokarz

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »

ok just got back, im so full of free  CoolChicken i cant move, no problems at all i did buy 2 drinks so total bill was 3.37 for the 2 of us to eat,
told the wife that the money i saved on meals i could buy more slots  frying pan frying pan
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »

Re:  Infringement of KFC Corporation’s Trademarks and Copyrights

Attn:  Joey Carruthers

Dear Mr. Carruthers:

We are outside intellectual property litigation counsel for KFC Corporation (“KFC”).  KFC has just learned that you have unlawfully copied a KFC coupon and posted it on your website as follows:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=74d688f85dd1471e66e6b8a73bbf02f1&action=dlattach;topic=2937.0;attach=88841

The complained-of material is not authorized by KFC, its agents, or the law.  Indeed, the unauthorized copying, posting, and distribution of this coupon violates KFC’s intellectual property in several ways and constitutes, among other things, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and unfair competition.

As such, we ask that you immediately remove this posting.

Please note that all information in this notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, the undersigned is authorized to act on behalf of KFC—the owner of the exclusive rights that are being infringed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.  My contact information is listed below.

Daniel P. Kaufman
Attorney at Law
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
901 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001-4413
202.408.6088 | fax 202.408.4400 | daniel.kaufman@finnegan.com | www.finnegan.com

WE REMOVED THE COPY OF COUPON.

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:18:15 PM by Joeylc » Logged

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

Man, the copyright cops are everywhere!  frying pan frying pan frying pan

Is it safe to use  spam  Mr. SPAM Mc D ebay or anything with a product logo?

How about >> kool aid << is he a copyrighted entity?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
kenokarz

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »

i still have 100 if someone wants them stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking getting sick of free chicken for lunch bust gut laughing bust gut laughing look out Oprah they will be after you next
this was to be a secret muted muted
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:39:18 PM by kenokarz » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »

Re:  Infringement of KFC Corporation’s Trademarks and Copyrights
...KFC has just learned that you have unlawfully copied a KFC coupon and posted it on your website as follows:

WE REMOVED THE COPY OF COUPON.

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Hey! Joey didn't post the coupon, I DID. And if you lawyer bastards want to come after me then COME AHEAD!!! I've got nothing to lose. You made that pdf file freely available on the public internet and in doing so, lost all rights to it. The version that I posted had no restrictions or limits on it as did your serialized versions of the offer, and once you posted it as an unrestricted download for public consumption you lost control of it. Screw you.

Of course, I support Joey's removal of the file, since he doesn't need any harassment over this issue. Anyone who wants it can contact me and I'll send it to them.

This post is entirely my own statement and opinion and in NO WAY reflects the opinions of anyone else on this board, or of the owner of the board, or of the board in any way. You lawyers want a piece of me? Come and get me!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:46:32 PM by StatFreak » Logged

kenokarz

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

better look out they will make you eat chicken till you don't want anymore,  bust gut laughing glad to see the American way is to give a good deal and try and get
people to eat there crappy food and then come after any one that does, maybe WE should start a protest of all of kfc , they say a good word goes
long way and BAD word of mouth travels at great speed, time to make the BAD word TRAVEL  yes yes waving flag waving flag if the dumb muted muted muted
would have made the coupon good if you bought a large drink to get the meal and only ran it for 3days they would have made money,
some time people are to stupid for there own good  arrow arrow  but one good thing is that they now know that we have a big crowd, and  that we can get the  BAD word out on K F C
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:09:30 PM by kenokarz » Logged
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 05:59:42 PM »

Cease and desist!!!!!

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

StatFreak

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »

better look out they will make you eat chicken till you don't want anymore,  bust gut laughing glad to see the American way is to give a good deal and try and get
people to eat there crappy food and then come after any one that does, maybe WE should start a protest of all of kfc , they say a good word goes
long way and BAD word of mouth travels at great speed, time to make the BAD word TRAVEL  yes yes waving flag waving flag if the dumb muted muted muted
would have made the coupon good if you bought a large drink to get the meal and only ran it for 3days they would have made money,
some time people are to stupid for there own good  arrow arrow  but one good thing is that they now know that we have a big crowd, and  that we can get the  BAD word out on K F C

Oh, I agree! They just lost me as a customer, AFTER I finish getting as much free product as I can, of course. And yes, I admit to being a customer many, many times in the past...

Let's see:
First, they botch an attempt to market a restricted offer of a coupon for free food by underestimating the load that the response would place on their servers.
    They have no excuse, since they must have known that people would flood them with requests,
    especially in this bad economy where money is so tight for so many.

Second, in a frenzied attempt to head off a large negative backlash against the company from consumers who could not access the promised offer, they haphazardly decide to forego the restrictions and make a generic coupon freely available to the public via a high-visibility website: re: Oprah.com.
    They did this, presumably, after weighing the consequences of pulling the offer entirely or offering some other
    less satisfactory remedial solution to the angry public and knowing full well that this solution meant opening
    Pandora's proverbial box with regards to enforcing any restrictions on the use of the coupons.

Third, after the site traffic slows down, they realize the potential monetary cost of action two, and decide to reinstate the original restrictions, even though these restrictions can NO LONGER BE ENFORCED at any local KFC outlet or by corporate when redeeming said coupons from their franchisees.

Fourth, now in a panic, they scour the internet to try to threaten anyone posting the aforementioned open coupon to try to mitigate the damages caused by THEIR OWN ACTIONS, lack of foresight, and proper planning, including, but not limited to, planning for implementation failure.

Fifth, should they actually try to take legal action against a private citizen for distributing copies of the open coupon, which they freely offered to the public of their own volition and without coercion, the consequences of negative press and their conviction in the court of public opinion (David vs. Goliath) will make them wish that they had never thought up this promotion in the first place -- which is almost certainly the case already.

Conclusion: KFC, eat your mistake and take some Pepto.

Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »

Day after pandemonium, Kentucky Fried Chicken honors Oprah's grilled chicken coupons
 frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan

BY Lacie Hales AND Dave Goldiner
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Updated Thursday, May 7th 2009, 3:19 PM
Watts/News

Customers wait in line on East 42nd St. to redeem their free coupon for KFC's new grilled chicken.
After being turned away angry Tuesday, customers left a bit happier Wednesday. Watts/News

After being turned away angry Tuesday, customers left a bit happier Wednesday.

I want my chicken - tell 'em Oprah sent me!

Bargain-hungry New Yorkers flocked to KFC outlets for a second day Thursday to take advantage of a free meal coupon deal from the talk show queen.

"I'm just really hungry," said Julio Layana, 36, of Manhattan, a postal worker. "Anything for free in New York, you got to take it."

Lunch-hour lines of dozens of customers clutching coupons for free grilled chicken meals stretched around the corner from one KFC on E. 42nd St.

Still, it was nothing compared to the pandemonium that erupted Wednesday when the restaurant was overwhelmed and stopped honoring the coupons.

"It's worth the wait," said Marlene Lake, 42, of the Bronx. "Anything for free in New York City, we're here."

Oprah Winfrey promoted the fast-food joint's new KGC - it's grilled chicken, get it? - on her show and offered the coupons on her website.

The downloadable coupons are good around town for two weeks, but some New Yorkers were determined to take advantage as soon as possible.

Adam Antreassian got on line at 11 a.m. and planned to get coffee with his chicken and mashed potatoes.

"I thought, 'I'm pretty hungry,'" said Antreassian, 26, of Astoria, a financial analyst. "I'm going to get some KFC for breakfast.

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
ricker

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

This may become the biggest Clucking(sic) nightmare ever created. I cannot wait until May 20th, when this is over. Not because of the long lines, or traffic, or "All we have are wings left"(although valid reasons for me), but the arrogance to threaten the public domain of the internet. You allow a pdf. on the internet(Oprah) and then say, hey you other sites can't post links, smacks of chicken entrails. If someone should have legal action taken against them it's, poor old Oprah. The pdf file in question is all over the internet now, and removing from a site such as this one or any internet site, will only send em searching for more, and there are plenty. You have my permission to look for yourself. I would post these links here, but no reason to bring attention police to this fine site.

Now if they printed a coupon every time you cashed out at a casino(TITO)..............wait that's a great idea! You may have lost your ass cash but here's a wing and thigh.

Richard
StatFreak

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

Now if they printed a coupon every time you cashed out at a casino(TITO)..............wait that's a great idea! You may have lost your ass cash but here's a wing and thigh.

...as opposed to a "Wing and a Prayer"! bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
I don't think that I'll be able to keep abreast of all of the KFC jokes that will be flying around -- if only chickens could fly. KFC may have wanted to sell chicken, but they came off as turkeys, instead. CoolChicken  turkey

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.