Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  No error codes on IGT Slant Top Triple Diamonds (Got my board need help set-up)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No error codes on IGT Slant Top Triple Diamonds (Got my board need help set-up)  (Read 36212 times)
Tbone
« on: May 21, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »

I have a IGT Triple Diamonds Slant Top Slot.
The coins played says 0 and it looks like it is ready to play. I drop the coin in and it goes threw the dispenser and drop to the coin hopper. No credits are added to the LCD above the coins played.
There are no error codes showing up. I pressed the white test button but nothing happens, I turn turn the JP key and still nothing.
I just got this slot and I want to pay it bad, I just don't know what I am doing wrong to get it to work.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:16:11 PM by Tbone » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »

Is the insert coins window blinking?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Tbone
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »

Is the insert coins window blinking?
I don't see anything blinking.

I added pictures of my slot to my profile. It shows the inside and the out. (See the LCD screen, it shows 0 credits played and it shows no errors)

Thanks for helping me!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:37:37 PM by Tbone » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:02:45 AM »

A door is open somewhere. Check the bottom door & switch. Open the play deck (main door) and re-close it. Make sure that it is fully closed. (it closes like a car trunk -- give it a good push). Then check and reseat the cash box and dbv. Make sure the cash can door is completely closed.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Tbone
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:29:50 AM »

A door is open somewhere. Check the bottom door & switch. Open the play deck (main door) and re-close it. Make sure that it is fully closed. (it closes like a car trunk -- give it a good push). Then check and reseat the cash box and dbv. Make sure the cash can door is completely closed.

I think I found the problem, I am not sure how to fix it. It looks like to me, that someone was trying to bypass the door switch.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=408

I am not sure what the red wire (Just looked red wire is not coming out the PSU)  and the pigtail wires are for on the PSU.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=407

Also There are no locks on the Main door (I have to unlock it with a screwdriver) and there is no lock on the BV door.
The censor on the BV door works, When I close the door or push the censor down, I can hear the BV resetting. (All the doors do close all the way I just have to us my finger to push the bar up on the BV door for it to open and I use the screwdriver on the main door till I hear it click.

Main Door:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=409

So how screwed am I? I am glad I only paid a $100.00 for this slot...Thanks guys!!
I wished one of you smart guys lived close to Dallas and could come help me out..lol!
The slot tech guy wants to charge me a $100.00 just to come look at it..That is crazy...Man I want to play it...I am so sick of playing my skill stop slot (Not fun to me)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:39:49 AM by Tbone » Logged
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »

The "main" door has optics which close a circuit that is necessary for normal machine operation.  I don't have a slant top, but look for two small black pieces with LEDS on them (one's an emitter the other one is a receiver) and make sure those two are wired up.  "Closing" the main door on a slot machine implies that these two optic sensors see each other.  You might not have them connected, or maybe not even have them?

This is what the emitter looks like.  They both look the same, and you can't the see light as in the picture (it's infrared).

* emmit.jpg (47.06 KB, 321x609 - viewed 362 times.)

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »

This is the set of optics.  The one with the black and red wire is the emitter, the red/white is the receiver.

* DoorOptics.jpg (332.44 KB, 800x551 - viewed 360 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »

I'd like to add that the Black/Red optic must go on the door 2-pin molex connector while...

the Red/White optic must be connected to the cabinet's  2-pin molex connector or they won't work.

Plus, ONLY the door emitter optic looks lit up when viewing it via a video camera.
Tbone
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »

Yup, I see them. When the door latch is closed, it moves out of the way so they can see each other. I am not sure how to see if the  optics are still good or not. They seem fine, I took them out and cleaned them and put them back on. There where no cracks on the eyes or anything.

O I did the other test you guys told me to do too...I turned of the slot and the reels moved freely, when I turned it back on the reels where stiff.

Don't you just hate when you can't play your addiction (hobby) LOL!
Thanks for helping me!
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 04:38:29 PM »

Hi

Not so sure its a door optic issue if JP reset switch and test switch are not responding(Or do you mean that they are not resolving the issue?) Check your fuses and the plug where power goes onto your backplane.

Regards
Ian
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »

I am not sure how to see if the  optics are still good or not.

If you look at your digital camera's viewfinder, you should be able to see the emitter blinking rapidly.  The only other way to test it is to use the input/output tests in the SP Game chip

dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

I am not sure how to see if the  optics are still good or not.
If you look at your digital camera's viewfinder, you should be able to see the emitter blinking rapidly.  The only other way to test it is to use the input/output tests in the SP Game chip

FYI - not all digital camera's can do this.  I just had to do this myself on a machine and my Canon Digital Elph would not see it but my cell phone's camera could...

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »

Then I guess you can only view the emitter optics with junky cameras....lol

The story of my life...I deal with junky, old stuff.... rotflmao
Tbone
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

My cell phone shows it blinking (I guess that is a good thing)
I checked the three fuses and they are all good.
I pulled the MPU board from the backplane and checked the backplane to make sure the it was plugged in. When it was pull off I hit the switch to ON and the part where it shows coins played on the LCD, did not have a reading. Once I put it back in and turned it back on it shows coins played 0.

The candel light on top of the slot is just blinking and blinking. Does that mean anything?
With the door open should the slot be make a beeping sound telling me there is an error? It does not make a sound with it open or closed.

Here are the pictures of my MPU board:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=410
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=411
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=412
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=413

The chips read:
S-Pluse Reel Mech 554781
S-Pluse Game SP708 0/1/4/5/12 09/06/95 (1-512)

Down on the blue part, the jumpers are set to:
1-off
2-off
3-on
4-on
5-off
6-off
7-off
8-off

Man I need a slot doctor bad, this is killing me..lol!
Thanks for all your help! You guys rock!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:17:26 PM by Tbone » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »

sounds like you might have it fixed the candel will blink untill one game is played after closing main door. the insert coin lite might be out.  drop a coin in and see what happens. Buzz

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Tbone
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

sounds like you might have it fixed the candel will blink untill one game is played after closing main door. the insert coin lite might be out.  drop a coin in and see what happens. Buzz

It has always blinked. I did close the main door and dropped a coin in and it went threw the coin dispenser and dropped down into the hopper. No credits show up on the LCD (Just 0 coins played) I pressed bet one and spin..It did not do anything.

Here are the pictures of my MPU board:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=410
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=411
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=412
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1199;sa=pictures;view=413

The chips read:
S-Pluse Reel Mech 554781
S-Pluse Game SP708 0/1/4/5/12 09/06/95 (1-512)

Down on the blue part, the jumpers are set to:
1-off
2-off
3-on
4-on
5-off
6-off
7-off
8-off
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:17:14 PM by Tbone » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »

Right below the coin comparitor there is a small board  has a 1 inch long brown electrical plug going into it  at the very bottom of that plug there is a very very small white button. Press this button 2 or 3 times you should hear a ding noise each time button is pressed If the speaker works you will hear a ding!!  Now with the door still open press the spin button. The reels should spin.  Try this before we go through all the ifs.  Buzz

Tbone
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »

Right below the coin comparitor there is a small board  has a 1 inch long brown electrical plug going into it  at the very bottom of that plug there is a very very small white button. Press this button 2 or 3 times you should hear a ding noise each time button is pressed If the speaker works you will hear a ding!!  Now with the door still open press the spin button. The reels should spin.  Try this before we go through all the ifs.  Buzz

Ok I pressed the white button 3 time. I did not hear a ding and I pressed the spin button and it did not spin.

Oh and thank you for helping me!!
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

You may want to check the cash box door switch to see if it's showing the door closed.  Do you have a set and clear chip?

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »

Ok question does the digital display work on the left side of machine?  with the door open turn jackpot key 2   3   4  times. a bunch of numbers should come up on left side display   if numbers do show up, just close door numbers will disappear.  If you didn't see any numbers I would say the left display has to be fixed first because there might have a error code showing and we can't see it. Buzz

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:20:52 PM by Buzz » Logged

Tbone
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »

You may want to check the cash box door switch to see if it's showing the door closed.  Do you have a set and clear chip?

Thanks,
Wayne

I believe the door is closed, when I press or close the door to the DBV, I can hear the DBV resetting.
Now if you are talking about the door at the bottom of the slot machine, there are no wires connect to the lock.
I don't have any extra chips, only the ones that came on the machine.

Thanks
Troy

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:33 PM »

Wayne  I don't know the ans. to this, how dead does the MPU battery have to get before it stops giving a error code?  In reading this thread I don't think the battery has been checked yet!  but the wheels are stiff with power on.  I think I just shot down my own idea.  

Tbone      Is there a cash can installed below the BV ( bill validator )??? Buzz

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

TBone, you can post pictures that pertain to this issue directly in the thread (2 per post) instead of using your profile. Just a suggestion.
A 0 in the coins in with no "insert coin" or buttons lit is what happens when a door is open. The cash can door is usually the culprit.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Tbone
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

Ok question does the digital display work on the left side of machine?  with the door open turn jackpot key 2   3   4  times. a bunch of numbers should come up on left side display   if numbers do show up, just close door numbers will disappear.  If you didn't see any numbers I would say the left display has to be fixed first because there might have a error code showing and we can't see it. Buzz  
The digital display on the right only shows "Coins Played = 0" The Winner Paid and Credits are blank, there are no numbers lit up.
With the door open I turned the JP key 4 times and no numbers showed up in the coins played, winner paid or the credits.

If there is any one in the Dallas Texas area that can come help me. Please HELP!! I will pay you or I can help you with something you need help with. Cut the grass, trim the trees, build the fence. LOL!

Thanks!!
Troy
Tbone
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »

Wayne  I don't know the ans. to this, how dead does the MPU battery have to get before it stops giving a error code?  In reading this thread I don't think the battery has been checked yet!  but the wheels are stiff with power on.  I think I just shot down my own idea.  

Tbone      Is there a cash can installed below the BV ( bill validator )??? Buzz

Yup there is one. It is a gray box and when I take it out the bottom comes open and there are 3 spring looking things in there. (I guess that's what hold the cash) (Too bad it's not full of dollar bills..lol!!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.