Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  My new Garfield topper is alive!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new Garfield topper is alive!  (Read 92219 times)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 01:26:42 AM »

I was just looking at your pictures real good looking machines !! was all so thinking about you taking them down some stairs.  glad you don't have to anymore.

I see you have Two-coin "Black Widow" a69Mopar, one of my favorites!
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »

I liked that machine, I put the black laminate on it myself, but someone else is enjoying it now, I sold it.  I forgot I posted that pic.  I'll have to add some more.  I have an In the money that looks awesome, I'll put that pic in my profile.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »

I guess I already uploaded the In The Money pic.  If you zoom in on it you can see the reflection of cash cans and reel strips in the laminate.  I'll have to take more pics.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »

Well... I got the two toppers I placed bids on.  applause

I got the Jeopardy! topper for its opening bid of about $20, and then the S&H Green Stamps topper had one person bidding against me.  My maximum bid was $51.51.  I got it for $51.00.  Duh!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

I got the Jeopardy! topper for its opening bid of about $20, and then the S&H Green Stamps topper had one person bidding against me.  My maximum bid was $51.51.  I got it for $51.00.  Duh!

I didn't do it  rotflmao I just bid on the one topper and got it.

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

Betcha that Jeopardy neon will look pretty neat...!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2009, 10:07:55 PM »

Bunker  Do you think a old cell phone charger would power one of these toppers that are hanging on a wall ? I guess I could just hook one up and find out.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »

Which one did you get?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »

I'm under the impression that it's probably just plexi with LEDs that shine up from its edge to light it.  It should look cool, though.  Can't wait to actually get it.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »

Bunker  Do you think a old cell phone charger would power one of these toppers that are hanging on a wall ? I guess I could just hook one up and find out.

Buzz,
The phone chargers don't put out a lot of amps,
so with that in mind, I'm not sure if they would work.
But they won't hurt either, because not enough amperage doesn't burn out anything - it just doesn't light up...
It doesn't hurt to try as long as the VOLTAGE  is correct...okay?
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:08 AM »

I am using an old 12V charger from a "who knows what" and it works just fine! I need to build a relay though. I would love to see a light show as well!

Rob
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2009, 02:07:56 AM »

rotflmao you sound like me rotflmao

I don't know how many "old chargers/adapters/converters" I own or
where they all are... arrow
I even found obscure chargers in my wood working shop from some
old rechargeable cordless jigsaw that burned out like 8 years ago....lol
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2009, 02:14:36 AM »

Rob   I was just trying to put the idea out there that a topper didn't necessary have to be hooked up to a machine.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2009, 03:28:40 AM »

I'm under the impression that it's probably just plexi with LEDs that shine up from its edge to light it.  It should look cool, though.  Can't wait to actually get it.

That's what it is, with the word Jeopardy etched into the plexi to "catch" the light. The sign will probably look best under low ambient light. propeller propeller

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ashyron

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »

Which one did you get?

I got the Star Wars one.  My brother is a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek.  I think this'll look good up with the games.  I SO wanted that Jeopardy topper though.  I just got notice my topper is being shipped USPS which means my lazy-@ss mail man or even the mail woman might actually have to get out of their vehicle to bring me mail.   rotflmao

So now a question about these Garfield toppers.  I bought a POS thing at Salvation Army the other day because I wanted the transformer on it for this topper.  What I wanted to know is this - does he transformer have to be a 12vdc or can it be 12 vac??

My friend sent me a pic of the way the wires are supposed to be and he said something about adding a resister to dim the border lights a bit.  This Garfield topper is much different than the old toppers I have here that are direct wired with 110 power.  I finally got two of them up and running with the twinkling border lights and all.  I was thinking of checking to see if the 'guts' can be taken out of one of them toppers and put in Garfield to make the border lights twinkle.  By twinkle I mean chase of course.  bust gut laughing
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:59:45 PM by ashyron » Logged

Railroad94

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

I have a Garfield coming ,can't wait to cut  garfield open. Do you have the pic of how you did the wires.
ashyron

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2009, 02:21:00 AM »

It wasn't my pic to distribute, so I asked if I could upload it here and he said yes, so here it is.  He says 12vdc but he was going to check to see if it worked with 12vac too since that's the transformer I have.  I haven't tried this yet and he says that the border lights are very bright so he put a resister in line and said that it cut the power down to those lights so they aren't so bright.  This is what he said "and one more thing the chase light is very very bright (amber) like a led flash light..lol i put an 8ohm 5watt resister in line!! dim out a little_-20%

* top.jpg (205.64 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 272 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2009, 02:23:30 AM »

That's a great diagram Ashy!
That's what we need to see more of...yay!!!!!!
it's a lot easier looking at a picture like that than trying to decipher bloody wiring schematics frying pan frying pan no
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:26 AM »

Mine works off of a 12V AC adapter.

Rob
sommer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 03:43:55 AM »

I tested both,?Yes!! they do work with 12vac  rotflmao.lol..i noticed the sign/lighting are not that smooth as dc power? i'll stay with dc power? is better lighting and i probably will try make the chaser led work?*&#$  most people have dc adapter? these topper pull about 1 amp dcv and 1/2 amp in acv.!!(i have good meter)..lol..  Scratch Head frying pan bust gut laughing     

IGT S-2000...
Sorry about my grammar..lol..it is my second language.!!lmao...
ashyron

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2009, 03:57:32 AM »

I tested both,?Yes!! they do work with 12vac  rotflmao.lol..i noticed the sign/lighting are not that smooth as dc power? i'll stay with dc power? is better lighting and i probably will try make the chaser led work?*&#$  most people have dc adapter? these topper pull about 1 amp dcv and 1/2 amp in acv.!!(i have good meter)..lol..  Scratch Head frying pan bust gut laughing    

What are you doing up so late Som?? Scratch Head  So what I will do is use my 12vac adapter and when I find a better one I will switch it over.  I also want to add a pull switch to turn it on and off.  Might pick one of them up next time I am 'in town'. applause  I can't wait to get this baby lit up.  That will make three toppers and one insert so far.   propeller propeller

sommer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 04:09:40 AM »

What are you doing up so late Som?? Scratch Head  So what I will do is use my 12vac adapter and when I find a better one I will switch it over.  I also want to add a pull switch to turn it on and off.  Might pick one of them up next time I am 'in town'. applause  I can't wait to get this baby lit up.  That will make three toppers and one insert so far.   propeller propeller
i like the pull switch idea but what happen to the re-mote control oper? like how you turn on all your slots..lol..
yeah,,a little late!!bed time? wave wave

IGT S-2000...
Sorry about my grammar..lol..it is my second language.!!lmao...
ashyron

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 04:54:20 AM »

i like the pull switch idea but what happen to the remote control oper? like how you turn on all your slots..lol..
yeah,,a little late!!bed time? wave wave

LOL yea, the remote control.  That might work too.  I was thinking of something a little more simple.  I am saving the remote controls for more important things.  I gotta admit though, they are handy.

enforcer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 48

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »

Got my Garfield topper today from Buzz !!  applause applause

Much thanks for an awesome topper !!  Buzz is just "tops" in my book...

Hail Hail Hail Hail   
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2009, 01:18:02 AM »

David your welcome  hope you enjoy    Som drew up a wiring diagram posted in this thread   Thanks Buzz

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.