Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Coin / cash in setting... is there a way to turn it off?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coin / cash in setting... is there a way to turn it off?  (Read 6179 times)
mark805
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »

Is there a way to set the gamemaker so you do not need to put cash into it? We would like to set it for casual play when the friends are not over  Tongue Out

ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »

Hey hey,

Yes, and yes.  If you clear your terminal ID in configuration, it should go into demo mode, no coins or money needed. Also depending on your mains, you can tokenize. My nickel is worth 100 credits. There are other tricks with the internal progressives you can use. I would try clearing your terminal ID. Be sure you have no credits on machine. Others may chime in for other solutions. I don't think you have to do a ram/eeprom clear, if you clear the terminal ID. Let us know how it works.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:06:16 PM by ricker » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the demo mode is only available with certain mains...

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
ricker

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »

You are probably right Wayne. The older mains 12-18 may not support the demo mode. I guess I didn't think on that hard enough. I think most of us  here use the newer mains & graphics because we like multi-denomination and/or tokenization, and for those games developed once the 7200 models came out(stand alone game themes,and the multi-hand pokers). So perhaps a check of which mains are present is in order. This is done, at least with the newer mains, and the older manual appears to have the same diagnostic info, with the open door keyed menu, then under diagnostics column, the last item "MEMORY TEST", then the top choice "EPROM CHECKSUM". Listed near the top, is the Version number, such as mine which is 52.04.20  Hence my current mains are version 20. Also, on the MO and M1 row under the "OTHER" column it shows as 5204-20, the version being the numbers after the dash.

Richard
mark805
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »

my version shows 21.04.24

much older version it look like.

I tried looking for demo mode but didnt have any luck. Any more suggestions?
ricker

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 01:02:01 AM »

Mark805,  Looks like your mains are one of the very latest for the 7000-7200 Gamemaker platform. I used them during trial and error of the mains that I might like. I know someone with these mains or the knowledge of these mains will chime in. This is a get away holiday weekend for some and I see some GM owners wasting their lives somewhere other than NLG. wave I think there is a list of mains in the submit a new file tab above, perhaps other GM data. I know mine goes into demo mode with a "Saferam" ram/eeprom clear and I have to give it a terminal ID or it will stay in demo mode. Best advise is "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". Your answers are here, just need to let some members to  cheers  and do this weekend.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »

I don't think 24(yours) mains go to demo mode, although I havent tried to set them sas.  I use 22 mains that force sas mode and will stay in demo mode until you set it.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:48:43 AM »

I don't think 24(yours) mains go to demo mode, although I havent tried to set them sas.  I use 22 mains that force sas mode and will stay in demo mode until you set it.

Thanks,
Wayne

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I love this site. If I wait long enough (or am gone for the day) someone will give the exact answer that I was going to give. What he said ^^. arrow Tongue Out
I've used the same two sets with the same results. As far as I know, once you've set the SAS serial number in the 22s and exit demo mode, you cannot go back without doing a complete clear.

Here's what I've discovered regarding the later mains. There are three desirable characteristics: tokenization, multi-denomination, and internal progressives. You can have any two that you want, but not all three.

20T Mains support tokenization and internal progressives
22 Mains support internal progressives and multi-denomination
24 Mains support multi-denomination and tokenization

It's too bad that they never made a set of "'Holy Grail" chips. I haven't tried the 23s, but as far as I know, they don't support tokenization.

There are some caveats regarding demo mode. Some games will not display or play correctly in this mode. For example, with Let It Ride Poker, if you've run out of winnings and start a game 0 credits, the cards from the previous hand won't be overwritten with card backs. The result is that after the first three cards are dealt, you will see cards four and five from the previous game "filling out" your hand. However, once you let it ride or take back your bet, each false card will be replaced with a new card for your current game. I have also seen misbehavior in Blackjack Plus, and there are probably other anomalies as well. All of these "glitches" disappear when demo mode is exited.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:55:47 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rma
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:28:23 AM »

Mark 805  The 24 mains do work in the Demo mode.  You will have to do a SafeRAM clear and then set up the Primary Host for SAS.  Choose any version of SAS they all work.  See attached photo for set up on my slant top.  When your ready to use cash or coins follow instructions on the following link [urlhttp://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=158.msg1024#msg1024[/url]

* IMAGE005.jpg (81.88 KB, 640x480 - viewed 265 times.)

Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 05:48:23 AM »

Hmmm Scratch Head  I tried that and it didn't work for me. It didn't require a serial number and ran in normal mode. Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
fanninislots

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »

Mark , once your go to the set up page where you adjust the hopper settings you will see SAS set up touch that icon, it will ask you to input an I D for your machine put all 0's it will then default to demo mode Ben

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.