Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  IGT S Plus WBA-11 BV Not Accepting Bills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S Plus WBA-11 BV Not Accepting Bills  (Read 7298 times)
gtstang
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:37:44 AM »

I have two 5 times pay 3 coin IGT S plus machines that I just can not get the BV to accept bills.  The 91 code is enabled, denomination is set at 25.  It is a WBA 11 transport.  When I first turn on the slot it cycles through and the light on the front comes on.  When I insert bills into the wba it takes it and holds it for a while and then rejects it back to me.  I used the same bills in another machine and it accepts them.  I have tried the stacker can in a working bally 6000 machine and it works just fine.  One of the WBA's ido is 23 and software is V1.3.60.30.   I even ordered another wba to see if that would make it work, but it did the same thing.  All dip switches are down on the wba.  This machine did come from Canada.  Someone changed the WBA head and transport to the correct USA unit.  One of the 5x's game chip is SP1271.  The eprom on the other transport is WBA 11, IDO23, and V3.34.03 .  I know this version does not accept the new 5's and 10's.  I suspect that the game chip is rejecting the bills, but I am not sure.  Anyone have any ideas I could try. 
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:25:21 PM »

Does the machine have any credits on them?  If so make sure that when you putting the bills in, that it is no exceeding the credit limit.  When the light is on and the machine "holds" the bills for a few seconds, it means that the setting are not allowing the machine to take the bill. I suspect your Bill Acceptor credit limit is set too low:  (from the sp1271 PSR)

Bill Acceptor
Credit Limit <7> [5]   Determines the maximum number of credits that can be accumulated before the bill acceptor is disabled.  This limit must be less than or equal to the credit limit, or a maximum of $3,000

Just because the eprom is labeled as such doesn't mean that's what it contains.  If you have an eprom burner, you should read the chip and check the chips checksum against the published one to verify software version.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
gtstang
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 03:41:10 AM »

The machines do nit have any credits on them at all.  I will have to look at the  bv credit limits to  see were my problem is.  I do not have a eprom buner or reader, so I am on my own.  Thanks, for the help.  Dave
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »

I have two 5 times pay 3 coin IGT S plus machines that I just can not get the BV to accept bills.  The 91 code is enabled, denomination is set at 25.  It is a WBA 11 transport.  When I first turn on the slot it cycles through and the light on the front comes on.  When I insert bills into the wba it takes it and holds it for a while and then rejects it back to me.  I used the same bills in another machine and it accepts them.  I have tried the stacker can in a working bally 6000 machine and it works just fine.  One of the WBA's ido is 23 and software is V1.3.60.30.   I even ordered another wba to see if that would make it work, but it did the same thing.  All dip switches are down on the wba.  This machine did come from Canada.  Someone changed the WBA head and transport to the correct USA unit.  One of the 5x's game chip is SP1271.  The eprom on the other transport is WBA 11, IDO23, and V3.34.03 .  I know this version does not accept the new 5's and 10's.  I suspect that the game chip is rejecting the bills, but I am not sure.  Anyone have any ideas I could try. 

I was reading this post because I have the EXACT same problem with a machine right now.
I was hoping to scroll down and find the solution. However if it was found, no one posted back. I did some digging around and thought about the similarity between my issue and this one and YES my machine was also from Canada. I used a Set 90 chip to get to the option of Country Code <0>[30] and found the machine set to Canada {7} Changed this to United States {37} and it works fine.

You cant get to country code with the standard set 15 chip.
I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »

I was reading this post because I have the EXACT same problem with a machine right now.
I was hoping to scroll down and find the solution. However if it was found, no one posted back. I did some digging around and thought about the similarity between my issue and this one and YES my machine was also from Canada. I used a Set 90 chip to get to the option of Country Code <0>[30] and found the machine set to Canada {7} Changed this to United States {37} and it works fine.

You cant get to country code with the standard set 15 chip.
I hope this helps someone else in the future.

NEONKISS,

K+ for taking the extra effort  and posting your solution! Clap Clap Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »

Neonkiss is dead right...it's handy to have a good collection of SET chips because they are not all the same.
gtstang
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I will have to try that.   My only problem is getting the 90 set chip.  I will have to do some research on that one.  I will let you know when I do try it. 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 06:49:42 PM »

Why not try posting a want ad in the "Classifieds" section of NLG?
Chances are a vendor will see your post and try and contact you. yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.