Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Members who host their own Repair Logs of Various Games.
| |-+  RickHunters Computer Help 101 (Moderator: rickhunter)
| | |-+  bing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bing  (Read 6046 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: June 17, 2009, 11:06:41 PM »

So what's your opinion ?   bing vs Google?   muted
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

eh. It's okay.

Of course, the first search that I ever performed in Bing was "badda".  I just had to. arrow
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:20:30 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 04:00:20 AM »

I've been using the bing cashback to get discounts on e-bay purchases for a while.  It's the only time I use it (whenever I need to buy something from e-bay).

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 05:45:14 AM »

Rick,

Thanks (??) for the Tip, Now I will have to buy something in the near future to verify this.  Duh! Duh! Duh! Like I really need to buy someting!  Duh! no no

I guess that this must be similar to the LIVE SEARCH cashback bonus when you search on MSN?? Learned that trick when I searched for a stereo. J&R had the lowest price on the net, and Live Search gave a 7% cashback, so it was an awesome deal... I almost thought it was a too good to be true thing. Stereo was backorded for a couple months!  frying pan Luckily it was no big rush! Saved over $100 over the local Fry's, and the freight was free!  applause

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »

Yeah thanks Rick K+!

rickhunter
Topic Moderator

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

live search cashback was renamed to bing, it's the same thing.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rickhunter
Topic Moderator

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 03:40:31 AM »

I should mention that the cashback level varies from time to time.  During "Glorious times" it has gone as high as 35% (with a $200 dollar limit per transaction).  There is a limit of X purchases per account and it varies by offer.  You need to make sure you don't go over.  I bought one of my Mac Mini's with a 25% discount, wound up paying like $325 for a new mini.  For those who have never done it, you need to sign up to the bing cashback site and then at the MSN home page you do a search for an item typically people look for on e-bay.  I usually put something like "cheap PS3" and typicall in the top link results like the 1st screenshot, then when you click on the link you get the second screen, notice the 8% banner.

I want to pre-apologize for all the money people are going to throw away judiciously spend on e-bay following this post.  My disclaimer should read:

This post is for informational purposes only and in no way does the author endorse the addictive quality of buying flea-bay slot stuff at discount prices.  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

* screen1.JPG (159.07 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 302 times.)

* screen2.JPG (134.9 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 297 times.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:45:32 AM by rickhunter » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »

uh....you selling playstations now Rick? rotflmao
rickhunter
Topic Moderator

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

yes, selling everything to buy the next slot, and the ever so elusive "last kit I'll ever need"  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Just kidding, I just use "cheap PS3" because those keyword searches always bring up the rebate link on e-bay.  You can also use Xbox, wii, iphone, [whatever hot device people are buying], etc.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »

lol...I agree...there IS  no " last kit I'll ever need".... rotflmao
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »

Oh man that is depressing! Hopefully there will never be a last kit needed!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.